Netkar FFB was better than AC! Am I the only one?

I dont get it, I had hoped the FFB on AC was going to be at least as good as the old NetKar Pro... I have found its simply not the case. Straight out of the box...no setup... Netkar was way better. Now... after 30mins of messing around with Assetto Corsa...its ok, but nothing to write home about. What gives? Am I the only one who feels like this?

OK, found a solution... not perfect but a lot better. Rather than setup the wheel manually... be sure to use the profiler instead. Let it walk you thru the process and the result will be a lot better. Was in my case. BE sure to use the recommended setting they seem to help a bit as well.

OK, found a solution... not perfect but a lot better. Rather than setup the wheel manually... be sure to use the profiler instead. Let it walk you thru the process and the result will be a lot better. Was in my case. BE sure to use the recommended setting they seem to help a bit as well.

Yes the automatic setup/profiler can be missed quite easily. My guess deg of rotation was probably not set correctly (which is only set through the profiler, if I remember correctly) so that could have made the steering a bit strange...

And as William said, the Abarth is a "real" race car, not a street car like the Lotus in the TD... You can't really compare that yet. I am really itching to try some proper race cars. I drove the Z4 at Gamescon last year and that felt pretty awesome...

I'll probably be laughed at but in my view GT5 feels pretty good to me, but only on the right tyres on the right cars.

Ie, tyres appropriate to the type the real car would have on it, so often downgrading to N2 or so type tyres for the mainly road cars that I can really comment on.

Things like return to centre, weighting, friction, damping, sensation of assistance and all that stuff feels really good.

If AC is as good as GT5 for FF then I'll be happy :D

Dave

Mr Whippy, I like driving in GT5 as well, but the FFB is ok, not even good, there is no feeling of loosing the grip in front, as can be done with any decent PC SIM.
Mark, AC FFB is better than NKP, more information is making it to the wheel, feels more real, at least to me on my CSR-Elite.
With FFB, it is always a little personal, as some will favor performance and other immersion.
I am the immersion type.:)

Is there any spec on how the FF works?

I assume it's just moving around the contact patch and adding torque to a lever into the rack via the Fy force... but what is happening once it gets to the rack I wonder.

Ie, how is power assistance simulated, different types like no assistance, hydraulic types, electric types, etc.

Hmmmm

Dave

Is there any spec on how the FF works?

I assume it's just moving around the contact patch and adding torque to a lever into the rack via the Fy force... but what is happening once it gets to the rack I wonder.

Ie, how is power assistance simulated, different types like no assistance, hydraulic types, electric types, etc.

Hmmmm

Dave
In.all seriousness Mr whipy please just try the TP and stop worrying.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back