netKar circuits

Due to not being able to hot-lap or race for some time and the fact I have the tools needed, I have decided to do some track conversions :thumb: to stop me from going INSANE!! and give something back to the Sim community:D

So I thought I'd ask you guy's what tracks you would really like to see in netKar??

Don't flood me with lists of hundreds, just your top 3 will do :good:

I cant promise I'll do them all, but I'll try to do as many as I'm legally allowed.

Being Aussie I personally would love to see;
BATHURST, CALDER and EASTERN CREEK, all 3 are top Aussie race tracks

Bathurst will be a MASSIVE job, but man what a awesome track to have in netKar.

Any offers of help would be more than welcome, maybe we can form a track conversion club @ RD???

Cheers N Thanks

Sergio, I think it was directed at me, for posting comments on Australia's iconic illegal track.

So, am I to believe we cant even talk about tracks on the forum now if it's an illegal release without being POLICED over it.
If this is the case, Ive never heard of anything more paranoid, sorry, but it's a little over the top, and how are we to know every illegal track in existence, I don't know of any list telling the community whats legal and what isn't.

I do not condone the releasing of illegal tracks lets get that straight, but piracy happens.

I will get permissions to convert the tracks I want to see in nKPRO, otherwise I wont do them or I'll scratch build them.

No it was not aimed at you Andrew. If it was aimed at you I would have stated your name. Instead, I didn't state anyone's name and then reiterated it was 'general'.

It's a very simple issue: if a track was made for commercial use (such as Toca Race Driver 3, GPL, GTL, GTR2, RACE, SHIFT, F1 2010) it cannot be converted to nKP. Or if a track was made by a modder, full permission needs to be sought. Simple as that.

Obviously for some people it's difficult to identify illegal tracks, because of course most illegal converters keep it close to their chest.

We cannot and will not be seen to be discussing/condoning illegal track conversions and/or providing links to them, it is a legal minefield for us, with a very real possibility of the site being closed down if a company or IP holder decides to take the matter further.

We are only protecting RaceDepartment's interests, it is nothing to do with singling out people or making them feel bad. Everyone makes mistakes. The attitude is unwarranted, would you prefer no forum at all?

However, we do of course encourage legitimate conversions/scratch-made tracks, the more tracks the better.

Personally I also want to see more tracks in netkar unless linked to copyright issue. Although there is nothing I can say for helping because I don't know at all of that for converting.

Anyway, below is my list I think it will be great.

1. Ledenon - I was quite fascinated when I saw this circuit first time at youtube a few months ago, see the video.
2. Vallelunga

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back