• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

netKar circuits

Discussion in 'netKar PRO' started by Andrew Scott, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Due to not being able to hot-lap or race for some time and the fact I have the tools needed, I have decided to do some track conversions :thumb: to stop me from going INSANE!! and give something back to the Sim community:D

So I thought I'd ask you guy's what tracks you would really like to see in netKar??

Don't flood me with lists of hundreds, just your top 3 will do :good:

I cant promise I'll do them all, but I'll try to do as many as I'm legally allowed.

Being Aussie I personally would love to see;
    BATHURST, CALDER and EASTERN CREEK, all 3 are top Aussie race tracks

Bathurst will be a MASSIVE job, but man what a awesome track to have in netKar.

Any offers of help would be more than welcome, maybe we can form a track conversion club @ RD???

Cheers N Thanks

2. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Nice :good:

I'd like to see Barbagallo, I think it would be great fun in Abarths and Formula Fords.

I mainly race GTL here, so here are some tracks that were used and I liked:
    Rattlesnake Point
    Rouen Les Essarts - Vintage heaven
    Le Mas Du Clos - Abarth heaven
    Circuit Jops Siffert

I don't know anything about track making or converting, hope someone else does and can help.

3. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    I live about 3klm away (as the crow fly's) from Barbagallo, I can hear the V8's when there here, even the weekend events are audible from my house, bikes especially.

I would like to do Barbagallo from scratch, wait till the extensions are completed then get approval from WASCC to reproduce it, making it an official reproduction :)

4. Vaggelis Theodoridis

Vaggelis Theodoridis

Ratings:
    +337
    Yesterday Albert released Bathrust! -snip-

As for tracks i dont have something in mind that i want to see...There are so many out there..
    Dont know...maybe Rockingham?

Damn! I forgot!
    I want to see infineon or road america!!!

5. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Ooh, Bathurst, nice. Any clue if he has permissions for the conversion, can we use it here?

6. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Albert has done many awesome track conversions for nKP but sadly most are not authorized as far as I know, this is why so many tracks were filtered from the D/L database, their illegal and a breach of copyright law.

I wont convert without permissions, I don't see any benefit in converting a track if it breaches copyright, but that's just my opinion, plus I couldn't afford the fines, lol.

Road America is a great track, I'll put it on my list mate :wink:

Edit:
    Vaggelis, Road America has been done mate, I thought it had, but needed to check my tracks folder to make sure, cant recall where I downloaded it from either, try to google it??

7. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Road America already exists, and has been used here before.

8. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    I think I'll do Calder park, seeing as Bathurst is done!!

Damn, I cant even go for a lap of the mountain......the greatest track in the southern hemisphere, every Aussie nKPRO Simracers dream circuit, finally here, and I cant cut a lap, that sucks hey!!! lol, plus my wonderful wife hid my steering wheel, clever woman my wife, knows me better than I do, :roflol: :thumbup:

9. Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Ratings:
    +320
  10. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Yes Sergio I agree :)
    Thanks for the link mate but I'm afraid I will need to download Algarve from elsewhere, I have no free D/L's left at RFC
    If you can contact Nuno regards permissions that would be awesome and very much appreciated Sergio, many thanks :)

11. Vaggelis Theodoridis

Vaggelis Theodoridis

Ratings:
    +337
    sry guys i ment Road ATLANTA! (my mistake)

12. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    No prob mate :) I'll check it out, if memory serves its a another worthy track for netKar conversion

one question though, is Infineon an earlier name for Sears Point???

13. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Thanks Sergio, downloading now mate :)

14. Vaggelis Theodoridis

Vaggelis Theodoridis

Ratings:
    +337
    Dont know Andew...I saw it first time in iracing and i liked it a lot so the only name i know for that track is infineon :)

15. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    The reason I asked is when I Google Infineon, I got a few hits that referred to it as Sears Point thats all

16. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
  17. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Hey Senad....I knew you would know what I was on about, lol :)

18. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict"

Ratings:
    +655
    Infineon looks good, a little flat maybe, but still nice layout from what the Wiki pic shows

EDIT:
    The only Infineon track I could find is an rF version of the 1990 Sears Point layout, it's in RD's rFactor downloads
    The Wiki stated the track was uprgaded in 2004, might be a bit of a pain in the buttocks :frown:

19. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    It would be nice if we stuck to discussing legal tracks please.