NerdCubed plays Assetto Corsa, with a keyboard, and surprisingly enjoys it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, NerdCubed critical? He's the person who made me see the fun in games again! But ye, 4 of 59 games he did in 2 months was negative ;P

Aaaanyhow!!! He needs a damn steering wheel!!
And I really really like how he's done Next Car Game and Assetto Corsa now, and been extremely positive. This can only help! :D

That's was very incompetent but also very entertaining.
It seems that he gets 200k views on average, so that can potentially bump sales a little bit.

I only didn't agree with his idea that because it's PC game everybody will use keyboard. For me whole advantage of PC gaming is flexibility. I bought gamepad only to play platformers because I felt it will be more enjoyable. When I play FPS I will use kb + mouse. If I was into flight sim I could buy joystick. So I see no problem if AC works bad with kb, PC give me option to choose better input.

KurtJMac also has played it (using a steering wheel, albiet a very old Logitech)

Video:
mod edit: videos go on in here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

His channel has some F1201x and some Early/Alpha/Beta Access car games (as well as Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program and more), so he is into cars/racing games. I haven't yet watched the video but I am going to, I'm interested to hear what he has to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watchhed kurtjmac's vid of AC last night and was thinking of posting it here too. Looks like you beat me to it... ;)

I'm a big fan of Kurt, I got into him with his Minecraft MindCrack and Far Lands Or Bust series, and ever since he started doing videos in racing games I was waiting for the day when he'd try a PC sim like AC. That day has come!

I'm liking the fact that many big LPers on YouTube are featuring AC, especially in a positive way, it can only mean better exposure and more sales!

No, Youtube pays him according to number of views he gets
Ic. So whats the pay rate ?? USD100 for every 1k views ?? :D
Off topic: Hey i manage to lap 1:25.4xx on that Magione @ Z4 Step 1 combo but really no idea how the hell to improve somemore. I wonder if i bottleneck by my clutch-less DFGT. I think i will start play around with setup to see if that help me to gain another 0.5s :D

Ok, so, first of all, you are not allowed to talk about your actual earnings. However, I did a test for a month on my channel, and you would need to get quite a lot of views each day, to be able to make a living out of it.

Remember that guys with 100k views each day, will at Rhys' rate have 100 USD each day, and that is quite a nice amount of money. Now, the CPM changes constantly, you get more money in December, than say January and most of February, due to christmas. It goes up around Valentines day again, but then it flattens out again.

DanNerdCubed does 1.5 videos a day now, it is an absurd amount, when you think about the time he does play, and edit the videos. And then the upload time as well.

Anyway, it will be quite interesting to see what happens with the new youtube rules from 1st of Jan. I might stop uploading gaming videos then, and I know DanNerdCubed have set up his site in a way that makes it possible for him to move away from youtube if the new system is impossible :)

I bet one must first partner with youtube to get pay like that right ?? $1 for every 1k views dont sound alot to me anyway :p
Yep, you have to become a YouTube partner. Most of the money comes from ad revenue.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a lot of money, but when you've got people like NerdCubed who get view counts comfortably in the 6 figure and sometimes 7 figure area, he's making a tidy amount of money!

EDIT: looks like Myrvold beat me to it... :p

Getting tired of YouTube people

Moppersmurf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years