1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC NerdCubed plays Assetto Corsa, with a keyboard, and surprisingly enjoys it!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Howard, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | Engineer at Manor Racing Premium Member

mod edit: videos go on in here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

This guy usually is pretty critical of games he's not good at, or ones he doesn't quite understand. Now, despite Assetto Corsa being somewhat aimed at PC racers, he's surprisingly positive about the game in general!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Oh, NerdCubed critical? He's the person who made me see the fun in games again! But ye, 4 of 59 games he did in 2 months was negative ;P

Aaaanyhow!!! He needs a damn steering wheel!!
    And I really really like how he's done Next Car Game and Assetto Corsa now, and been extremely positive. This can only help! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. That guy is hilarious.

Now if only Robbaz would give it a shot.... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AC is getting a lot of positive vibes, even on the bigger channels. Good thing to get some fresh blood into the simracing niche and certainly helps a small dev team like Kunos with a next to nothing PR budget.

5. That's was very incompetent but also very entertaining.
    It seems that he gets 200k views on average, so that can potentially bump sales a little bit.

I only didn't agree with his idea that because it's PC game everybody will use keyboard. For me whole advantage of PC gaming is flexibility. I bought gamepad only to play platformers because I felt it will be more enjoyable. When I play FPS I will use kb + mouse. If I was into flight sim I could buy joystick. So I see no problem if AC works bad with kb, PC give me option to choose better input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. He is funny. Watch his "let's play Spiderman 2." Had me in stitches, sometimes hes like a comedian.

7. 59 games in 2 months ?? Almost one game per day rate, where he/she got so much free time to do things like that ?? :confused:

8. I think he makes videos for a living...200,000 views for each video, a new video every day, how much money would that be?

9. KurtJMac also has played it (using a steering wheel, albiet a very old Logitech)

Video:
    mod edit: videos go on in here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

His channel has some F1201x and some Early/Alpha/Beta Access car games (as well as Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program and more), so he is into cars/racing games. I haven't yet watched the video but I am going to, I'm interested to hear what he has to say.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Just watchhed kurtjmac's vid of AC last night and was thinking of posting it here too. Looks like you beat me to it... ;)

I'm a big fan of Kurt, I got into him with his Minecraft MindCrack and Far Lands Or Bust series, and ever since he started doing videos in racing games I was waiting for the day when he'd try a PC sim like AC. That day has come!

I'm liking the fact that many big LPers on YouTube are featuring AC, especially in a positive way, it can only mean better exposure and more sales!

11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It's his... job ;)

12. So game company pay him according to the total views he gets ?? I thought they all do that for fun :whistling:

13. No, Youtube pays him according to number of views he gets

• Like Like x 1
  14. gave up watchin after 5 mins just ends up being irritating :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ic. So whats the pay rate ?? USD100 for every 1k views ?? :D
    Off topic: Hey i manage to lap 1:25.4xx on that Magione @ Z4 Step 1 combo but really no idea how the hell to improve somemore. I wonder if i bottleneck by my clutch-less DFGT. I think i will start play around with setup to see if that help me to gain another 0.5s :D

16. I think I recall reading that the pay rate is $1 for every 1000 views or something like that. Doesn't seem like much, but it adds up.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. I bet one must first partner with youtube to get pay like that right ?? $1 for every 1k views dont sound alot to me anyway :p

18. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ok, so, first of all, you are not allowed to talk about your actual earnings. However, I did a test for a month on my channel, and you would need to get quite a lot of views each day, to be able to make a living out of it.

Remember that guys with 100k views each day, will at Rhys' rate have 100 USD each day, and that is quite a nice amount of money. Now, the CPM changes constantly, you get more money in December, than say January and most of February, due to christmas. It goes up around Valentines day again, but then it flattens out again.

DanNerdCubed does 1.5 videos a day now, it is an absurd amount, when you think about the time he does play, and edit the videos. And then the upload time as well.

Anyway, it will be quite interesting to see what happens with the new youtube rules from 1st of Jan. I might stop uploading gaming videos then, and I know DanNerdCubed have set up his site in a way that makes it possible for him to move away from youtube if the new system is impossible :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Yep, you have to become a YouTube partner. Most of the money comes from ad revenue.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a lot of money, but when you've got people like NerdCubed who get view counts comfortably in the 6 figure and sometimes 7 figure area, he's making a tidy amount of money!

EDIT: looks like Myrvold beat me to it... :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Getting tired of YouTube people

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.