• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Tracks Nemuno Žiedas (Nemunas Ring) 0.85

Located in Lithuania. 4 layouts. The main layout is called "Fast Lap"

1. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    mantasisg submitted a new resource:

Nemuno Žiedas - Real racing track located in Lithuania

Read more about this resource...

• Love Love x 4
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +34
    The overall track road texture map looks good and real, except for the dark areas, looks fake. I assume you are not done with those sections. The side terrain also has too much of a repeated tiled texture map as well. Good luck completing it!! Great work...

3. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    @VFX Pro Thank you :) Yes those darker tarmac ares doesn't have proper "MAP" texture, some other areas doesn't hove that too, but doesn't show much. Most of the track are using placeholder tarmac textures from Kunos, like most of the mods does. I'll pay more attention to tilling issue on the grass areas, but I think it is not severe, however there are much room for improvements for sure :)

4. seanlewis

seanlewis

Ratings:
    +13
    I really like this track, and for a .5 it's already great!
    The "track day" cones though, maybe you could use something like Kunos in Nordschleife Tourist.
    or place them more tightly.

Anyway, looking forward to the next release!

• Like Like x 1
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    Thanks for the note, I'll think about it. Right now there are big enough gaps to go through if you miss the braking, but then you have to be careful not to get black flag haha The finish line is right there immediately.

6. Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy

Ratings:
    +406
    using g27. i did indeed notice that some sections have different levels of bumpiness which is nice, but within those sections it just felt fairly repetitive throughout. Sounds like you have some nice ideas, keep up the good work :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    I also forgot to ask with which car ? Because different cars has does have incredibly different roadfeel, at least at my track :D I use G25 :) Have been driving sometime with OSW :)

8. Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy

Ratings:
    +406
    Lotus 3-11 has become my go to for trying out tracks, lot of road feel through the wheel

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    I find Lotus 25 really good "road scanner" :D Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to do my best for next update :)

• Love Love x 1
  10. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,283
    This has really come a long way since the last alpha I had. Coming along very nicely indeed. :)

11. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,586
    Yes indeed, really loving this track once again. Particularly enjoy it with softer road cars, like the newly release E30.

12. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    Thanks, guys :)

I've been thinking that new E30 mod should fit there :D

I love observing how Miata's rear suspension is moving through the lap, looks very nice.

E30 should move even more, it looks to me like it has increased ride height. Gotta download that mod, it is tempting.

13. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,586
    You should, its really good! I do think the roll or height is a little too much, but just a small niggle.

First time trying the wet track, never got round to it with the initial release - really fun, especially for lower powered cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. AleDaRimini

AleDaRimini

Ratings:
    +7
    I just did a test lap and my first impression is that there is still more than some work to do, especially on the graphical side. I really hope you will finish it because the extended layout of this track is amazing. Thank you for you work!

• Like Like x 1
  15. VR Planeta

VR Planeta

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried it and I like it alot. Ofcourse its need some graphical upgrade, but still I am really happy that we have our Lithuanian track in the game of Asseto Corsa. I am using G27 wheel and HTC Vive headset I can feel every bump and hill with my body - it is awesome feeling. I am looking forward for Nemono žiedas 1.0 with texture upgrade.

You can check my video, I am trying my best with Nissan Skyline GT-R r34 in Nemuno žiedas.
    Take a look:

• Love Love x 1
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    mantasisg updated Nemuno Žiedas with a new update entry:

visual update

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love Love x 2
  17. RS10

RS10

Ratings:
    +10
    Could you maybe make a layout without the tyre chicane near start/finish - since the tyres are a moveable object i fear that the visible part of the track layout would basically disappear on the first lap of every online race :roflmao:

(or alternatively replace the orange cones with an impenetrable tyre wall)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,367
    Too much mess IMO. There already are 4 layouts... probably no one even use extended layout. Standard layout without chicane is used only for bikes. I wish there would be a function in AC to get those movable objects back after being knocked, also I'd wish they would be heavy and would cause body damage. In fact in earlier build one tire is heavy, I have tried to mess a bit with object names, and now they all are weightless.....

I could easily make those tires as walls, but then I'd need to make additional layout, and then some would not be happy that they are like walls...... developing for games is pain - someone is always unhapppy

Personally I'd be OK if they were like walls.

Another way - have server rules, give penalties to those who knock tires (joke)

19. RS10

RS10

Ratings:
    +10
    oh i'm convinced people will drive the extended layout, it's really cool, especially since it only adds a part without leaving out much of the original and never feels out of place... anyways ...keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I mean ... just this jumpy bit on the extended layout towards the tight left hander makes it worth driving[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,494
    I would suggest you to make those tires for chicane not movable, so addressed as Wall.
    Problem salved. But persobally I would add a curb, no matter if its not there in reality.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1