Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

Nope, accordint to 3D topographical map the top is actually above 55m, but bellow 60m. So it is somewhere near 60m. My guess from that screen would be that it is 58m.

This probably will not make "Makushke" faster, as I'd just lower the whole tip, and just make climbing a little shorter (which does for slighly faster laptimes). Most importantly it will make that dip down bend slower (it has no name, it is that one before you climb up again). It will be much slower because there will be less dip and eventually less grip, as car will just press down less. It is good, because some of the drivers who gave feedback told that it is hard to take without lifting off (I wonder what car, I guess TA EVO X). However, in simulators we are not that afraid to do stupid stunts :D

Last edited:
Nope, accordint to 3D topographical map the top is actually above 55m, but bellow 60m. So it is somewhere near 60m. My guess from that screen would be that it is 58m.
Yes, but the bottom of that gulley is shown as 30 (so maybe the actual bottom is 28), which leaves you with ~30m instead of 60.

Oh... no, I was speaking about topographical height marks, not actual height of the hill. God point about the gulley bottom, it does get bellow 30 obviously, but I find it so hard to understand how much and whats the curve. From one side track looks like it is barely going down, and then it goes up very much and meets the 30m spline again. For me it creates the illusion that one side of 30m spline there is actually higher than anouther. It couldn't be true though, but it looks so.

I have gone back to the spline, which I threw away before because of being stupid. The road should be much cleaner and flow better now, should be more aesthetic, and I'll have more confidence to spend my resources on the mod.

I decided to redo elevations as it is good chance to do this, plus that there is 3D map of Lithuania, of which I didn't know at the beginning and used rF mod as an elevations reference.

This is what I'm relying on:

A90yeLq.jpg

And result so far, red is new road. Will have to work for a bit now, to have everything else in proper altitude. Would love to race online more and enjoy Highalnds more, but mods aren't going to grow like mushrooms lol

88MHyHJ.jpg

Approach to "Stadionas" is 14m higher now, and the track is going down constantly till the "big mountain" - "makuske". The top of makuske is about 5m lower now, and the next dip is about 3m higher (3.3m I remember this, but who needs to know :D)

Can't wait to get it done and get it in game. Just to see if the placebo will be strong. TBH I liked the layout already, despite obvious differences.

Back on the track. With a spline ! :D

I like the look of that back section, between the first long corner and the climb up the mountain - that long, gradual drop looks like it will great fun to drive :)

I am glad you took a step backwards and re-made your spline. I honestly believe it was the right way to go :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work! Cant wait for the racetrack to be ready! I was driving there once. It is amazing.

Thanks. I hope you'll approve next upload which I'm working on now.

I have the feeling that this track will be a blast on the S1 E2.

It is not bad there, not better than at highlands short layout, but it gets really exciting here and there when attacking the limit.

Sooo, I have finally learned the basics how to handle spline technique, at least I think so. Perhaps there are a lot of advanced ways and tricks to do things i'm doing, I'm still at the basics. But at least I got to the level where I was before, and gone further because splines is the way to go. I wan't to thank certain persons for motivating me to go for splines, it was hard conversion + altered a lot of the track, painful, took time, but I'm happy about it, works really well.

I might have got track in pretty accurate state now, and rapidly getting clean and smooth flowing edges too.

I decided to give a first try for randomised noise for physical road mesh today. Obviously, not without @LilSki blender tutorials, thanks :)

This ugly historicaly important :D screenshot is showing my first road mesh with displacement maps. I could have shown it in a nicer way perhaps, but I think it does show well the differences between smooth visual surface, and "wavy" physical mesh. Can't wait to try it for the first time, it is probably going to be bad in many ways - too large scale of displacement map texture for example and more... well lets try haha

leAgnHk.jpg

Edit: Fixed by separating road into more objects. Weird issue.

Road feels pretty good, happy happy.

I have one issue, I had this same issue few days ago too, though I haven't used displacement maps till today.
In one part of a track car is always falling through. I tried driving backwards to discover where that zone ends, also tried to hit it in the middle - thats about 800m length of road where car is falling through.

And there is no connection, it is not depending on materials, not depending on objects, seems like engine can't handle just one particular part of track length.

I had this issue before, it got fixed by applying Subdivision in Blender. I don't wan't to apply displacement modifiers.

Is it some kind of AC engine limitation when game just can't remember particular amount of verts if they are scattered in a big gap, and thats somehow related to unapplied modifiers I guess.

By the way, track feels pretty good :) At least for for a first tryaaaaya, gonna adjust a bit, and then add some vertex groups and should be something :)

Last edited:
i had a problem with car falling into no where :geek:
this section had a single material assigned?¿ with my mesh problem was i had road and grass materials at same mesh, i separate and works OK. I create my basics layouts with GPL tools,TRK Maker and 3dsimed, so maybe this are not going to help you, but who knows :).

You can break up the track into a few pieces and still keep all modifiers in place. If you change displacement texture settings it will still apply to all the pieces. If you change the displacement value you will need to update each piece. I usually find it easier to select all the pieces with the changed one active and link modifiers to send the settings along to all pieces.

For some reason a single piece road can cause issues once it gets complex enough. Breaking it into pieces usually fixes it.

I haven't removed any materials from my physical mesh, maybe it was taking action in that failure too. I wonder if there is any difference how many materials are in objects data, engine would pick only one anyway ?

I think my problem was related to distances between objects, felt if like certain part of the physical mesh haven't got into physical engine rendering zone. Separated objects and its ok now :)

@LilSki Yes it fixed the problem, I still have only 5 separate parts of road, so it is not a big deal, it is even better, as I can use some more variety in common road noise. Different parts of track were layed in very different years :) Oldest one haven't been renewed since 60s.

Going for a little bit more experimentation with displacement maps, its fun. Today trying vertex groups. For example at this "Sakiai" bend:

UWCiTwu.jpg

As you can see, it needs to be adjusted a little. Drivers reported a few times that it is rather hard to stop a car at this spot and it feels like:

contemporary-graters.jpg

Maybe this will do

b2bee902-77cd-44ce-baa0-f5a2debb9399
A3e8erL.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I should post a link to the new beta version today. It is Independence restoration of Lithuania day, maybe would fit, it is a nice day.

I think track got a lot of improvements, of which most importantly: a lot of fixed elevations, proper spline control, physical mesh with road noise - which you are going to judge the most, well I hope it is not bad. A little visual improvements.

I have told once to myself - "Never start too much projects at once."

But I did :D

The plan was to get W125 up to somewhere OK and early release it, in the meantime learn about animating car parts, do the damage and dirt, then get back to XJ13 and release 1.0 so it will not be an "etternal wip". But in 2016 Kunos were releasing a car each 6days in avg, seemed like there are more cars than normal simracer can chew, and not that many tracks. And Nemuno Ziedas badly needed representation. So picked it up.

I hate to tell but seems like my cars are probably on hold for some time, probably till summer. I have also picked up one TA project to finish a few details, there will be some stuff to do for LOLA T70 :)))))))))

@Seria17hri11er has made a mad awesome video for XJ13, he probably would like to release it within an update, or even 1.0, I think that video is really good, shame it has to wait, however Seria says that it is not finished, and is a bit busy IRL AFAIK, so hopefuly every piece of the puzzle will find its time and place naturaly within a time :)

Oh yeah... Nemuno Ziedas thread this is LOL I want to try something about the tire skidmarks, Hopefully I'll be able to bring them now. Surface is desperately lackng rubber.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%