• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Need your feedback on WRC 7 content style!

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by RaptorInMotion, Oct 13, 2017.

1. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38

Having looked through Youtube, i havent seen a certain style of career gameplay so ive decided to do my own based on WRC event highlights.

Would you prefer to watch it this way or the standard walkthrough way?

Happy racing!

2. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +719
    very nice! see you're also using the g27, what settings do you use? and a) how does one get rid of these junior cars feeling like tractors and feel a bit more what the tires do on the surface; and b) which button do i press to access the replay function? did i overlook i could map it?

3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,193
    To put it this way: This is very nicely made. I am not sure that it is worth it when it comes to workload v views. But I like this better than many of the talkers with facecam out there. (I just don't see any reason why you would use a facecam... I watch the game, not a face *semi-rant over*)

4. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    For profiler:

Overall: 100
    Spring: 100
    Damper: 0

Unticked
    Centering: 0

unticked
    Rotation: 470 degrees

unticked

For in-game:

Accel Sens: 20%
    Dead zone: 0%
    Brake Sens: 50%
    Dead zone: 0%
    Steering sens: 50%
    dead zone: 0%
    Max wheel angle: 470

FFB Level: 60%
    Level of FFB Vibration: 90%
    Spring: 70%
    Shock: 75%
    Constant: 85%
    Friction: 70%
    Engine: 60%
    Impact: 100%

a) Haha they understeer like ****, all i do though for all my car setups is when its tarmac, put it to lowest height, springs and roll bar highest, shocks at 3/4. on gravel the opposite.

b) the replay function is the very top button on the gearstick piece, what Y would be on the xbox controller.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    Something different is always good. Im actually hoping to do this for the next RDepartment rally, whenever that is and whatever game its for :D probs dirt 4? Get the top 5/10 to send in some clips for me and edit it into a show of sorts.

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,193
    Like we did in the "good old RBR days". Only downside was that we in total used 40-ish hours on it.

7. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    This would look so good with any of the top 3 rally games we have now. I'd happily do a test one for RD for a league.

8. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,193
    We are going so Off Topic now :whistling: The reason why we didn't do this (and won't do it) for the DiRT-stuff, is that we would need people to send in their own clips, it will be hard to get them from the same points of the stage/same stage, and not at least - it will be a kinds of resolutions and video quality. In RBR it was quite easy. To be in the results you needed to provide replay-files for a legality check, and that meant we had every single replay file and just had to choose the correct car, and manually put in the skin for it to show correctly :)

The way we need to do it with DiRT makes it hard to get it to look good.

Sadly it looks like saving replays in rally games are thing of the past :(

9. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    If i was to organise something, id do it like:

Do a league like normal. Before it begins, in the standard posts, let people know that if they want to appear in the highlights reel, they need to record certain stages of each day.

For example, for the itinerary online, it could say Sweet Lamb (record) which are picked out stages for the day that we could focus on. Maybe 2 a day (i remember the league having like 4 stages a day maybe).

The player than uploads them to their own dropbox account (handbrake them to make them smaller would be good) and when I know the results of the top 10, I would go round and download all the replays from the top 10 of that day.

I can just cut and trim from each replay like normal in sony vegas.

10. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +719
    those settings are really fine, need to completely change the way i react / play, but i can see where these come from. nice way to get a gamepad game to work with a wheel.