Need tips for Automobilista (RoC event)

Tuomas Tähtelä

Yet another Finn
Hi,

I will be participating in the RD Race of Champions event on the 30th of December. I don't have Automobilista but someone will share their game with me through steam family sharing. This means that I won't have much time to get familiar with the sim or go through all settings and stuff for FFB etc.

I practically only have experience with Assetto Corsa so I really don't know how to set everything up correctly. I have a DFGT with T3PA-PROs and TH8-A. What would be the things I should change to make my experience better? FFB settings, hidden config changes maybe (like there is in AC), anything else? Also any info on the Supertrucks, Lancer and Formula Vee?

I'm not gonna buy Automobilista because I have my hands full with AC at the moment so I wouldn't be able to spend any time in it but I really wanna participate in this event because it seems like a lot of fun.

Just mash the gas, stab the brakes as hard as possible, and manhandle the wheel as aggressively as humanly possible. :)

Unfortunately I don't have any real suggestions but I imagine someone will chime in. Make sure to check or adjust the steering lock and rotation as well. The trucks are quite interesting and you may want to ease off the gas then mash it right before a jump. The Vee likes to slide, so be smooth. (Or not, lots of smoke looks pretty great!)

works just like any other sim ... your gear is fine ... on DFGT AMS is probably best feeling sim out there. No need to any special setting up just remember that for your wheel you wanna go to negative FFB values (so -100 is maximum FFB strenght for you) and I also recomend using 15-20 minimum force.
I made this thread with tips/tricks while ago, most of that should be still usable: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-might-have-missed.118300/page-3#post-2265766

Supertruck: before jump quick brake or lift of and while on ramp full throttle .. that way you should land nicely .. if you release throttle you will nose down, if you steer you will rotate mid air. Gentle on throttle and easy on steering.

Lancer: not much to say easy to drive still fun in general you can just floor it

Formula Vee: no need to use 1st gear, Heel&Toe, great car for learning, brake in straight line if you don`t feel confident. Minimum steering inputs.

Wait till tyres get up to good temps.

If you feel like AC FFB is not good enough right after playing AMS give it few laps and it will get back :)

Have fun

works just like any other sim ... your gear is fine ... on DFGT AMS is probably best feeling sim out there. No need to any special setting up just remember that for your wheel you wanna go to negative FFB values (so -100 is maximum FFB strenght for you) and I also recomend using 15-20 minimum force.
I made this thread with tips/tricks while ago, most of that should be still usable: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-might-have-missed.118300/page-3#post-2265766

Supertruck: before jump quick brake or lift of and while on ramp full throttle .. that way you should land nicely .. if you release throttle you will nose down, if you steer you will rotate mid air. Gentle on throttle and easy on steering.

Lancer: not much to say easy to drive still fun in general you can just floor it

Formula Vee: no need to use 1st gear, Heel&Toe, great car for learning, brake in straight line if you don`t feel confident. Minimum steering inputs.

Wait till tyres get up to good temps.

If you feel like AC FFB is not good enough right after playing AMS give it few laps and it will get back :)

Have fun
Thanks a lot :)

The driving element is much the same. It's still a car, still got four wheels and a steering wheel with pedals. But you're quick enough to work that out :D You'll notice that the rear end is a little less stable on corner entry in AMS than it is in AC, so you'll probably have to adjust for that. Make sure the car is completely settled before you turn in.

That was the biggest adjustment for me when I made the switch from AC to AMS. Learning to carry the correct amount of speed into the corners was the biggest difference between the two sims IMO.

Then there's the FFB, which for me is on a par with rFactor 2. Really highly detailed and incredibly responsive, so you should have a slightly better feeling for what exactly the car is doing which can be helpful. With a DFGT you can probably get away with setting your FFB to "Pure 360Hz".

Lastly, don't lock up too much. AMS has much more unforgiving flat spotting than AC. You'll notice that smaller lock ups result in much larger flatspots compared to a similar lock up in AC.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years