Need some help with the graphics of my car

Hi

I worked a couple of hours now to get my GTL car into Racer. I started out with the Baja and went from there.Anyway, I need some help:)

1. I got a very blurry rpm gauge and speedometer. Is there a way to clear them up?

Carro1.jpg
Carro3.jpg

2. The shadows are very dark which makes the cockpit dark as the night at some angles. Is there a materialproperty I can change/add to improve this?
Carro2.jpg

Thanks in advance. Probably more questions to come in the future:)

• Tiberius

The car is great, I finally tried it tonight and I really like it - low poly, small, light, fast..

I agree with you, it really needs FFB enabled, with the G25 on 720 deg it's a totally different car to how it is without any FFB. My only question is, it really wants to slide around on the tyres, I expected it to be more snappy and feel a bit more rigid? It wants to slide around like I'd expect a heavier/softer car to, or am I expecting it to behave too much like a modern race car?

Some extra skins would be great, a full mod which would let you race a grid of these, would be awesome.. :smile:

I got several skins, but I only use one in the Racer car. I thought the only way to switch skins is to copy the folder, make a new car name and replace the texture? Or is there a way to use one folder and switch skins in-game?

On to the handling:) I really love 60's race cars and this car is inspired by many of them like Alfa 33s, Porsche 906, 908. It is made to deal with endurance races, street tracks and some rallying. Targa Florio would be perfect:D

As a result the springs and dampers are a little softer than modern racecars.

The tires are based on modern reproductions of classic racecar tires. Therefore they are not so stiff and got some compliance. At one point I used bias ply tires which made the car very playfull and great to slide around:D With the radial tire I use now its much more nervous. I have matched all the pacejka coefficients to this tire, however I cannot get it to match everywhere, especially at max grip, so I need to do some more work here.

• Tiberius

Hmm, you're right that we can't do full mods with skins etc like rFactor, that really hurts after playing a good commercial racing sim. But, the idea Stereo mentioned works well, if you make copies of folders with just the models and config (car.shd/car.ini/views.ini) files and link to the textures/sounds etc in the original car's folder. That way you could have variants of the car with different skins (and possibly slight changes to sounds/models if you wanted), just change the copied folder names and car name/ID and it should work fine, probably only 500kb or so per extra car folder, depending on how big the models are.

I love the car though, wish I could do stuff like that :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back