F1 2010 need some help with pit stops

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hay guys first time on love the F1 game and thanks to victor for your car set ups. just want to know does anyone else think the pitstops are bull****, you pull in first and come out almost last you should be able to release yourself some how. Also how do you get the expert achivement i've done all races on expert and won the championship but did not get the achivement that pissed me right off. Any how keep on trying. see you dudes.

Welcome to RD jazzaroonie,

this is a known bug in the game.

Please try a search before starting new threads, this has been covered befrore.

Please also include the nature of the help required in the thread title - you are likely to attract more help this way.

How can you pit at differnet time to AI when you dont know when theyre gonna pit, also lets just say your starting on options (20% race) so have two laps to pit, come in on second lap and you'll get stuffed by half the AI that have pitted before you releasing first, if you push for 3 laps, the other half of the AI come in behind you just after youve finished changing tyres, once again, keeping you in. Turning tyre sim off spoils the challenge. The patch didnt work. Cm really needed to sort this out ages ago.

hay guys first time on love the F1 game and thanks to victor for your car set ups. just want to know does anyone else think the pitstops are bull****, you pull in first and come out almost last you should be able to release yourself some how. Also how do you get the expert achivement i've done all races on expert and won the championship but did not get the achivement that pissed me right off. Any how keep on trying. see you dudes.

You need to complete the last race Abu Dhabi to receive the Expert part of the achievements I just did Brazil and won the championship there also did not get the achievement but received it after Abu Dhabi.

How can you pit at differnet time to AI when you dont know when theyre gonna pit, also lets just say your starting on options (20% race) so have two laps to pit, come in on second lap and you'll get stuffed by half the AI that have pitted before you releasing first, if you push for 3 laps, the other half of the AI come in behind you just after youve finished changing tyres, once again, keeping you in. Turning tyre sim off spoils the challenge. The patch didnt work. Cm really needed to sort this out ages ago.

In the garage before the race, click on the tyre menu to the left of your car. There you can set your pit lap, and see the recommended lap. The AI on the same tyre as you will almost certainly pit on that lap, so if you shift your pit lap out by one from the recommended lap before the race then that should help. Of course, there's not much room for improvisation on a 20% race, and even if the stops go perfectly the race is so short that pit strategy can't really be much of a factor.

Maybe ill just have to up it to say 50% race. But even when a 3 stop strategey had been recomended, start options, lap 2 prime, lap 6 options, lap 8 prime. (Lap 12 end of race.) And i changed it to two stop to try and gain some time and miss the rushes (Start option, lap 3 prime, lap 8 prime. Finish lap 12) The AI then all changed to a two stop strategy. And cuaght me in the pits, its really putting me off this game. I've never encountered it this bad before. I cannot come to think why its doing ti so bad all of a sudden. Is there any way of modding the pitstops?

Maybe ill just have to up it to say 50% race. But even when a 3 stop strategey had been recomended, start options, lap 2 prime, lap 6 options, lap 8 prime. (Lap 12 end of race.) And i changed it to two stop to try and gain some time and miss the rushes (Start option, lap 3 prime, lap 8 prime. Finish lap 12) The AI then all changed to a two stop strategy. And cuaght me in the pits, its really putting me off this game. I've never encountered it this bad before. I cannot come to think why its doing ti so bad all of a sudden. Is there any way of modding the pitstops?

3 stops on a 12 lap race is never gonna work unless on super easy mode, only ever need to do 1 pit stop unless your particualrly quick then you can go for a 2nd for putting in a decent lap at the end of a race.

I have not seen the game recommend more than 1 stop.
The usual rule is 1/3 Options, 2/3 Primes minus quali lap wear.
To stop more and have options for longer the time gained in seconds per lap X the extra option laps (max 1/3 race distance) must exceed the pit stop time.
EG Spa 100% 44 laps: 30 sec pit stop. Option life say 15 laps. Time differential 1.5 sec X 15 = 22.5 sec. Net loss 7.5 sec.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back