Need instructions on making car lights with Zmod

I need instructions on making car lights/brakelights but they don't show up in game. Can someone tell me how from a full model of a car I can get brakelights from it. Also how do I put it into racer?

You need to export them as separate .dofs and name the objects in the car.ini:
model_light_l, model_light_r: on when lights are on (model should include front and back lights)
model_braking_l, model_braking_r: on when brakes are on.
These all go in the body section, same syntax as the 'model' section.

I did that but they don't show up. I selected an area of the car for the backlights then I detached that area (I only gave the lights the textures but the rest of the car didn't have textures selected in material editor) Then I exported it like you had stated. Still doesn't show up. Also I don't know what you mean by 'syntax'

Syntax is the words used in the car.ini file. You also need to have a shader for the lights and you may have to move the rear lights back a small amount as they may be hidden under the car body. The front lights may have to be moved a bit forward as well.

Look at a car with lights a see how it is done in the car.ini and car.shd files.

Can you view the light DOFs in Modeler.exe? Maybe a normals problem.
Can you see the geometry in racer with view wireframe turned on?
Anything in the qlog ?

Sorry for not replying on time, Basically I got it all fixed up :) because the lights were still facing 180 degrees the other way so I couldn't see it from the back so they were invisible. So when I actually got around to look at the front of the cars I saw the backlights there.

This is for a car I am converting. I will post some teasing screenies of it soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back