F1 2011 Need help with steering wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
hi all
i am using the PC version of F1 2011 and i have the Thrustmaster T500RS steering wheel and then i bought the ferrari add on ( Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Intergral T500) after reading it is compatible with F1 2011.
but it seems this isnt the case after going into the game files ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Codemasters\F1 2011\actionmap ) or at least it isnt listed in my game folders/XMLs
so my question is does anyone see this XML Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Intergral T500 in there game and if so can you send me the XML.
thanks in advance with any help

it works whilst in racing but the start/select and dpad options dont work. basically the menu buttons dont work and its simply because the XML isnt in my game.
i have been in contact with Thrustmaster via email and its only after i went into game folders/files i realised that the XML isnt in game.
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Intergral T500 XML that is

If this is what you mean -

73102876.jpg

Then I have uploaded it here -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypn8w3

thanks guys for help!
Mr Pibb you are a legend that program works perfectly thanks heaps!

Paul Lock thanks mate for doing that my game has the same files. its the Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500 XML im after, and after asking around some of my friends it seems they also have the same. codemasters posted that this steering wheel is supported but this information is incorrect. as you can see its only the standard steering wheel ( Thrustmaster T500 RS NEW ) that is supported.
in one of the emails i recieved from thrustmaster they gave me this link that shows it is supported.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...f1-2011-officially-supported-controllers.html
but from your screen shot you can see its cleary not.

Hi Ironman,

I have this wheel and F1 2011 and it works perfectly fine, including the menu keys from D-Pad and vertically mounted thumbwheel encoders on the wheel. The trick is to NOT use it in 'Advance Mode', just use it in Normal Mode and when the game launches, use the 'Wet' toggle switch to start the game and get through the menus.

In 'Normal mode' the wheel is recognised as a T500 RS Racing Wheel rather than the Integral, but I mapped the Kers and DRS to the correct keys and in menu by default the 'K' is 'Accept' or proceed and the 'PL' key is 'Decline' or go back, the left thumbwheel is left/right menu options and the right thumbwheel is up/down menus options. I mapped other settings to available buttons like look back and driving view (never used as always in cockpit :)) and my TrackIR center to the N key (also whisper on Team speak)

Sorry if this is something you are already aware of, but the immersion for me in F1 2011 has increased so much since getting this wheel, it's not a Sim.... but damn close!

thanks Paul and Jase.
i have been in contact with thrustamster and codemasters and in the end thrustmaster said to try using normal mod in the control panel for steering wheel. thus fixing my problem. great video jase i loved it. i use different seetings that were suggested in video but alot of this like the setup of the car are personel preferences.
i agree paul the wheel is awesome and really gives the user immersion into the game its a 10 out 10 for me but expensive none the less.
i guess its my achilles heal that i have to have the best lol.
anyway thanks everone for your help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back