NEED HELP! - Tactile Transducer PS4 Settings

I'm newish to SimRacing and have had a race seat setup for a while.

I'm on PS4, and have just added two tactile transducers to the bottom of my playseat, but they're not working perfectly.

I have them wired to a 2 channel amp Behringer iNuke 1000 with 1 transducer in each channel. When I start an F1 2017 race, they vibrate a little, but I can hear all of the race engineer words etc from the transducers under the seat. I suspect it's an issue with the settings on the amp, most likely the xcross over the frequencies, but I'm an absolute novice with A/V and no idea what settings I should have the amp as it has settings for A1, A2, A3... A8, B1, B2, B3... B8.

Arrgghhhh.

I've searched for days. Can anyone point in the direction of a good settings setup for the iNuke for Aura (similar) transducers. :)

Thank you.

I think you made a bad choice in not spending the extra for the DSP version of the amp. Especially as you are using full range audio tactile from consoles. You could of easily of had more control to do what you wanted with much more features available.

The main issue you have, is how the iNuke standard amp uses low pass / high pass filter over the A & B channels. I dont think you can set it to offer low pass filter on both. Check the manual.

Their are some possible things we could do but if you have a way of returning the amp to get the DSP model it would be the best option.

Upvote 0
Hi Marty,
I'd like to react on your issue.
I'm a console player myself and I use bass shakers on my Playseats since many years with the PS3, Xbox360 and now withe the PS4 and Xbox One.
I use the optical output signal from the console, convert that to analog (red and black cable) output signal, which I connect to an "Crossover'' (to filter out/reduce the higher frequencies)
For one Playseat I use a Sony XEC500,
images

for the other Playseat I use a simple device like the one below with an extra adapter for the electricity.
$_84.JPG

The output signal, black/red I than connect to my amplifier.
And I can really advise you, as I also did on Dutch forums about this topic, to look for a good (old) second hand Panasonic SA HT80 5.1 home system. Why?
images

Because it has an extra, extensive settings menu for the bass shaker output.
In the Netherlands I can get them second hand for max.€ 25,00, without the speakers, which you anyhow don't need. It's even cheaper when the disc-drive system doesn't work.
2 Playseats, 2 Panasonic SA HT80's
The bass shakers themselves: One Playseat has der the seat and 2 times 2 on each side) with 2 under the pedal plate, total is 8. The other Playseat has 4 (2 under the seat and 2 on each side and again 2 under the pedal plate, total is 6.
You have to find out and calculate yourself how you have to connect the bass shakers: serial or parallel, to get the best result.

Important is also, that you have the right output sound settings on your console.
Select optical output and Bitstream Dolby on the PS4
Notice also one (racing) game offers better seperate output signal than the other.
Anyhow a PS4 game offers more than a PS3 game, to me Project Cars (1&2), Assetto Corsa and now GT Sport offer good rumble, road noise/rumble, (heavy) shifting clicks through the seat, depending on the car and the game.

I've placed my Playseats first on rubbers, used to silence and balance the noise for a washing machine
9200000010574019.jpg

and than on two layers of rubber sport carpets.
images

It helps a lot. I can even play at night. No complaints from the neighbours. I'm also not going to ask them, or inform them about it.
Of course the bass shakers might cause some rumbling noise on the Playseat. Have everything tightened good. With my headset, the strong force feedback from my steering wheel and good feeling with my pedals and with the bass shakers additionally, I'm really "in my zone" at racing.
It really adds an extra dimension. Next stage would be a motion simulator and VR if you like.
Mind you, that with a console it's more difficult to separate the bass shaker output than with a PC, but therefore the crossovers do really help a lot. I only feel the vibrations/rumble.
Success!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back