1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

need help splitting mpg

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nigel Atkins, Dec 20, 2009.

1. i`ve made a vid to put on youtube but its over 2.5GB in size and 19+mins long, so i need to split it and put it on youtube in 2 parts, i`ve searched on Videohelp.com for a simple tool to split the file but am not having any luck finding some thing that will just spit it without changing anything with the audio or res.

thanks Nigel :good:

2. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

3. thanks Marcel, but the only problem with that is it wants to recode the video and i will loose a lot of my quality :)

4. i used Ulead Videostudio to make the vid and i would have thought that that would be able to split the final product but i can`t find a way, so i`ve reloaded the project and am going to reproduce it in 2 parts. shouldn`t take to long but i thought there must be a simple way of splitting the video :wink2:

5. I don't use Ulead but both Premiere and VideoStudio have 'split' options.

6. i tried using Premiere a few years ago when i did a couple of dvd`s for my off roading club but found it way to tecnical for my simple old brain. i`ll take a peek at the demo of Videostudio as it seems the same UI as Ulead.

7. Premiere Elements is mucho easy now :)

8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member