• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

need help setting up Fanatec gear in rF2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Dirk Steffen, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen
    Porsche Factory Jackass Premium

Ratings:
    +372
    I had a very long break of using rF2 and just have installed it again to give the new build a try (would love to race with the day night transitions and love the options of programable weather).

Unfortunately I have serious issues getting the Fanatec gear working (I am sure I don't adhere to the proper procedure).

I am using:
    - CSWv2 wheelbase + formula and GT rim
    - CS shifter (the updated sequential version I suppose but may not be the very latest version - not sure as Fanatec has improved them during production a few times)
    - CSPv3 pedals

All items are separately connected by USB and work perfectly in Assetto Corsa, Automobilista and even pCars.

In the rF2 controls menu I have tried to select the Fanatec Clubsport template.
    Whenever I double click the assignments for example for throttle and brake and then pressing the pedals, absolutely nothing is recognized :-(

Is there any special procedure I need to do to get the controls recognized?

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,400
    On your Clubsport:
    Sen: aut (automatic game controlled) (rF2 sends the correct degree of rotation to your wheel, this is different with most other games)
    Spr, dpr: (spring and dampening off)
    Dri: drift mode off
    Other things are to your liking.

in rF2:
    With a clean install: ==> Difficulty: set all stuff like steering help etc to OFF.

In the controls menu:
    - Click on load
    - Select the "clubsport wheel" profile. This makes sure your wheel FFB behaves like it should. Auto detect doesn't work well if you have all gear plugged in separately.

- Then assign your buttons:
    - Click on throttle and press the throttle pedal same for brake, clutch, shift up, down, and other shifters.
    - Click steer left and turn the wheel left, same for right.
    - shift, up, down

And bassic stuff is done. :)

Don't double click, click once. ;)

Other buttons you might use.
    - pitlimiter
    - headlights
    - pitquest
    - gt cars have boost (increase, decrease)
    - some single seaters have drs (rear-flap)
    - LCD menu toggle

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen

Ratings:
    +372
    Hey thanks, that did it ;-)
    I must have jumped something here - all working now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,400
  5. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen

Ratings:
    +372
    Thanks for the tip, I won't be touching these though until after Saturdays GT3 race at Mugello.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +166