1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP, it won't start!!!!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Appie Kuipers, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Dear Guy's, installed everithing on Steam! Now it won't start, I get a dump: dmp.file
    Now I need advice, what do I have to do, so it will startup?????
    Thanks for your support, very appriciated............Appie.
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Hi there Appie !

Could you share some more information about your machine ? Which operating system for example?

The minimum requirement is Windows Vista / Seven.
  3. O my god, Iám XP user!! Not working? I've seen guy's using it on XP!
    Strange, Simbin wanted a dx.diag file from me, after that I got a key!!
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

This wasn't posted by us.

The game does run on some Windows XP machines indeed. But not all of them.
    Sorry about that, Appie.
  5. Will it be possible later, I did read you at Simbin are working on this issue?? Hop so!!
    Thanks anyway J-F Chardon!!!!!
  6. It's worth an upgrade to Win7 IMO!:)
  7. So I have to spend money to use it, don't think so Simbin.
  8. Tell me a good reason why they would use a 12 year old OS witch support ends next year.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Time to upgrade :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I will tell you, it gives no problems and is faster and smoother then the rest.
  11. My Win7 install is very fast, smooth and 100% problem free. I definately don't miss XP. It's good but 7 beats it hands down in every way imo.

But of course it's your own decision, use XP-> don't play R3E. Your loss really.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dear Guy's, if I want to upgrade to Win7, what's the way to do this, will I get in trouble with all my other sims running now on XP?? Most sims I use are steamed.
  13. No steam problems, every sims runs 110% here on Win7 X64.
    You can buy OEM Windows 7 X64, you can use +4 gb ram.
    I 'm switching to Win 8 now.
  14. Pretty much what Peter said. Minus Win 8, that I'm not gonna touch even with 10m pole.
  15. It's for testing on my second game pc.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I tried those preview versions and didn't like it. Mostly for cosmetic reasons. And I'm sure it's not all bad. It's good to test new stuff as well, that's for sure. So don't get me wrong, didn't meant to trash you for using/trying 8.
  17. This. I have Win 7 x64 too and all sims from old to new work perfectly.
  18. The game look perfect on Windows 8 + Steam, but I didn't got a G27 working.
  19. But T500 works well? I have dedicated simrig, so if 8 really gives you benefit over 7 I could consider it. But for my HTPC, which is the PC I use most, it's absolutely nono.