Need help: Assetto Corsa not starting up

Hello there,
When I launch Assetto Corsa, the loading screen does not go past "Applying localization-en". It was working earlier today, but ever since I restarted the computer it stopped working. It just stays on that applying localization-en for a long time. The only fix I've found to this is re-installing the game. However, this takes way too long.

Things I've tried so far:
- Restarting computer (FAILED)
- Re-installing game (SUCCESS)
- After reinstalling and launching successfully, adding each mod one-by-one (SUCCESS)
**no mods are causing this since it worked with all of them installed**
- Changed security permissions of C:\...\Assetto Corsa\system AND C:\...\Assetto Corsa\launcher (FAILED)
- Deleted ac.localization.en in C:\..\Assetto Corsa\launcher\themes\default\js (FAILED) ** If I do this, it gets stuck earlier in the loading process and doesn't even reach "applying localization-en"

Please help.

Last edited:
Try verifying the integrity of your game cache.

Steam > Library > *right click* Assetto Corsa > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

untitled-jpg.72191

Are you 100% sure it's not a mod that is causing this?
Are you transfering any camera files that you created before Release Candidate 1.0? That caused my game to stop loading on the startup screen.

If you are, you'll have to delete them.

Try verifying the integrity of your game cache.

Steam > Library > *right click* Assetto Corsa > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

untitled-jpg.72191

Are you 100% sure it's not a mod that is causing this?
Are you transfering any camera files that you created before Release Candidate 1.0? That caused my game to stop loading on the startup screen.

If you are, you'll have to delete them.

I've got it to work, thanks for your input.
This is strange though because I installed each mod and launched the game with success. When I finished installing all of them, played for an hour, took and a break and restarted the game, it stopped working. However, I will be re-trying all the mods again. Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%