Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Is Ermo here? I found a mod for a 2017 NSX but it only has 8 gears instead of the 9 that the real car has, and when I tried to add a 9th gear in, the game couldn't handle it. I'm in an unofficial Shift 2 Discord server with someone named "Railgun" from GTPlanet as admin, and he said that adding more than 8 gears would require a change to the exe of the game, which he doesn't have the knowledge to do without possibly breaking the game

The NSX mod I found also has quite bad interior mirrors, the window glass is bugged (The rear window has a big black rectangle/square in it sometimes), and the brake lights don't work

Last edited:
Hi. Look in the PCgamingwiki for NFS Shift. There are links for some mods that really improve gameplay and fix the stupid oversteer physics.

I'm also looking for a mod that fixes the overpowered grip that AI cars have. I mean, it really bothers me that a Dodge Viper that oversteers like crazy easily passes my grip tuned AWD Skyline GTR on the outside and going 30kph or 40kph more than my car...

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" /> <prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Easing" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Steer Throttle Ease Grip Factor" data="1.0" /> <prop name="Balance - Corner Speed Skill Factor" data="0.31" /> <prop name="Balance - Start Error Rate" data="0.5" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty mass penalty factor" data="0.05" /> <prop name="Balance - Low difficulty throttle rate limit" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Late brake spread" data="0.23" /> <prop name="Balance - Oval Speed Capping" data="0.75" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control" data="1.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Diff" data="-0.3" /> <prop name="Balance - Spread Control Dist Per Car" data="15.0" />

<prop name="Balance - Predicted Avg Skill Cheat Fraction" data="0.00" />
<prop name="Balance - Grip Boost Applied Fraction" data="0.0" />

are the lines I altered. I set the values to 0.0 and it seemed to fixed the overpowered grip a bit but the AI still feels like it doesn't follow the same set of physics the player has and still has a grip boost.

I have a question about this lines, where did you found it?
Since this is one of the things im not entirely sure where they are

Hello there, I'm new here and I have already presented myself and I been looking to play both NFS Shift games again, the first one and the second and I'm looking for some mods and I thought that this would be the best place to find them.

I'm looking for an archive that could contain both NFS Shift mods and the Shift 2 mods, firstly, for the NFS Shift mods , I'm looking for the following ones:
- NFS Shift HD mod by djotefsoup
- Better visuals mod for NFS Shift by 0hiena0
- SunMod 2.0 by JakeToox

Or if i could find the creators of these mods, that would work as well.

I went here since this is the NFS Shift forum place.

Salutes.

Last edited:
Hello again, this time I got an issue with some cars present in the converted DLC, they seem to have lost their model, for example the toyota supra is invisible and I'm not sure what could cause this, if anyone could help, i would be very happy.

Salutes

Ok this is new, do you have the game unpacked?
Yes indeed, but I managed to fix it on my own, I had to move the bff files of the team racing DLC pack to a temperorary location and now they work correctly , it probably didn't unpack these cars, weird. And I got another question, to get the tier 2 upgrades of a car, do I have to level up my driver profile and/or buy all the upgrades ?

Salutes

Hi again , this time I got more questions regarding NFS SHIFT and the Overhaul mod V2.0, so, I have some cars mod that I'm going to install , should I install the car mods before the Overhaul mod or after them?

Salutes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back