Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

• Josh Healy

No one can judge on how the game will drive until it is released.....
My opinion is 3/4 between Prostreet and GTR2. With multiple modes to accomodate both parties.

Slightly Mad have said not to expect a full on simulation like GTR2 because normal NFS players would find it too much of a challenge.

But wasnt that release scheduled as a standalone for arcade players? And SHIFT was announced as a full sim.
Would be a let down imo. Then why do they need SMS involvement if they are not planning a full sim release.

Lets wait and see first :)

Take an example: Driving a 3-5 lap race in with full driving aids, 80% AI, corner markers, while you don't have to worry about tire wear or fuel because you turned them off, I think that shouldn't be too much challenge for anyone:) And if you say "I want to play 10 mins, jumping in a race without anything to worry about" you can do it in GTR Evo f.e. :)
They should think about what is hard and what is not. I think it's not any harder to drive a realistic driving sim than an arcade game, some arcade games are even harder to drive...

I think they just wanted to show some effects:) The driving physics looks good in my opinion, just waiting to try a demo and see how it feels!
What worries me: those slow cars, I hope they were traffic:/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years