Nearly impossible to drive the F1s and F2s

can someone tell me why it is near on impossible to drive the old f1s and f2s i just cannot get them around the track with any confidence , the f3 is fine , is there some setting to make them more drivable

http://www.mediafire.com/?s50ouk252fd8isi

re-rf2's 1960's F2.

This is my G27 ini file with modified FFB effects.....make a copy of your original and then drop this into mydoc/rf2/userdata/controller..........then go ingame and LOAD this file which is named G27b90.

Like Simbin's great US Muscle Car Camaro and Dodge, the F2 is a tricky car to drive but very controllable, and given the F2 has the best FFB overall and without question the best simulated braking FFB, it's easy to understand why.

1960's F2 on the sim index....

1...physics.....9.6
2...steering precision 9.5
3...FFB.....9.65
------------------------
9.6/10.

This only relates to the F2, it's not a score which all rf2 cars would receive atm, but it's an extremely encouraging sign that given enough time, ISI's base content could easily contain the best sim cars ever made, and obviously this is my opinion and it should be stressed that I'm using a G27, speaking of which, I have no complaints about how the F2 feels at Malaysia or Spa using my G27 ini, ie, there's no excessive rattling whatsoever.

It literally only takes a few corners to appreciate how good this car is, and with the connected feel to the road, the quantity and quality of FFB, the beautiful feel on the front end under brakes and steering low/mid/high speed, it's easy to appreciate the fun factor of this car is extremely high.

rf2 and this car is interesting because rf2 still has the high downforce/heavy FFB slot, so at the right speed and on the racing line, the FFB loads up and the car has much more grip, but you're not always going to hit the spot and this is where you'll have to work the wheel and pedals to ensure the car does what you want.

The F3 is also an impressive machine, but I have doubts about the F1, in fact, I wonder if people have tried the F1 and went WTF, and bypassed the F2 for the F3, as to me, this is a ton more fun than the F3, maybe not at Monaco, but pretty much everywhere else.

Another thing to remember is that ISI have clearly been a bit sloppy wrt to the G27 and perhaps G25 as well, but in my case, the modified ini does the trick, especially with the F2/3, but if I had a CSRe+CSP's/T500, my FFB score would have to increase, as people with those wheels don't seem to need any FFB tweeks.

This seems relevant. Graham Hill track guide of Monaco from the 60's.

Why is it with these old motor sport clips you cant help but feel great admiration and fascination about these drives ...:notworthy: with the same be felt in 40 years about today's F1 drivers as good as they are ...:O_o:
Just try going from a bonnet view and flappy paddles to cockpit with a clutch and stick shift in your sim... get out on track and if you crash say at over 100 mph your dead .. how many laps did you last

i died on my 3rd lap... GTL claims another life....RIP RUPE...:(
Rfactor 2 is a must try when its complete..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%