1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Not to rattle the cage but, i've never found any oval motorsport game or sim that's entretaining. I tried playing nascar 03 but twas too old for me. But why wouldn't somebody make a nascar game like codies do with f1, like a simcade?
  3. ^^for PC I mean
  4. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

I've never enjoyed oval racing at all, neither in games nor watching it IRL, that was until I sat down and gave iRacing a honest attempt this weekend, and I fell in love, with both iRacing and running ovals/stock car/nascar/whatever (im european so it's all still a mess with the terms the yanks use).
    I'm enjoying it to the point that I am now considering putting money into this sim that I had initially written off for being "good but SO not worth the insane pricetag attached", and that's even with the knowledge that Assetto Corsa is coming soon (tm).
  5. Is this the game that Richard Towler went to work on?

Anyway, it's a pity that it seems yet another game is released not up to standard. Maybe it's me but in the olden days were most games so bad on release? Maybe they were but there was naff all we could do about it.
    I bought a rather expensive second hand copy of NASCAR 2003 a while back, that along with iRacing is enough for me on the Oval racing side of things.
    Regarding AI. The AI in Race 07 series can be fun to run against, of course with the occasional hickup. Most of the simbin games AI are raceable infact. I can't think of any other sim with decent AI? Oh! Reiza sim stock cars is good.
  6. Oh and thanks for the honest review :)
  7. Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant
    Premium Member

Thanks for the review. You saved me some cash. Unlike some of the above I love oval racing. It is totally different then road course racing. It is the same like comparing soccer and tennis because they both have a ball in the game.
  8. This review just underlines how far off target game makers are with NASCAR games, and why NR2k3 (in all its modded glory) is still the king of the crop.

I almost feel its a shame theres nothing close for console people to try out.
  9. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

In my opinion this is an ungenerous and substantially unjust review:
    i've grown as simmer with Papy's stockcars titles since "Nascar 4" and i've continued on last decades with the principal pc sim titles, using consoles games as what they are: a funny and challenging (when it's allright...)alternative to SimBin/Isi/Casillo's hard sims.

In this contest, the Eutechnyx products are the better (ihmo)nascar titles ever. Dunno how much simulative can be(never tried a real stock car), but surely credible and funny
  10. I think the game still has SOME potential; the driving model itself is right up there with iRacing, but there are hundreds of issues that prevent it from being even the least bit playable. The AI is flat-out broken, and online is just awful.

I think these videos sum it up pretty well.
  11. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

Lol....is in fact embarassing, as video describes well (nascar the game 2011 was worse)
    I've never race online with it, and i've never found particular bugs offline.
    However i understand your correct approach on review considering all game aspects.

Maybe i was impressed by your personal, last expression on article that defines the game as the worst ever released, but in secondly reading i agree with it :)
  12. Wow...after playing my friends copy and laughing the entire time at the "authentic" racing feel, I can certainly agree with this review. Now, as an American race fan I of course love ovals but this game, wow...this game would work better if you taped it to your forehead and ran IT around in circles. Was upset it wasn't coming to PC but now am relieved. We are so in need of a new NASCAR title for PC. iRacing will work for now I suppose but I do hope for that day. Oh well, Im sure I will get over it when the new F1 title comes out :).
  13. believe it or not, it's coming to PC later this year :)

I'm very excited to see what modders can do with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Me too bruddah, me too! They could actually fix it into one heck of an oval racer. My sight fell short there I guess.
  15. Bought Inside Line via PSN for 19€ some days ago....thats half a year after initial release. Most of the flaws seem to be gone by now. Online mode is ok, if there only were less stupid crash-kids around. But offline the game is a blast. With almost all assists off, damage full and a Fanatec CSW there is no title closer to a "Sim" on the PS3 at the moment.

If you like ovals and heavy V8 monsters, this one is for you. I am having fun with it besides GT5 which still is my favourite racing title on consoles.

Keep Racin!

16. the thing is, I'm a pc racer... Apart from iRacing, is there any arcade indy or nascar dedicated game for PC? like a f1 2012 from codies, something easy but not too much?
  17. Any one still playing this on PS3?
  18. Yes, check out Nascar The Game 2013 on steam, currently in beta until July but it can be purchased and beta can be played prior to full release. It's looking good, still some bugs, but certainly on a par with F1 2012 in my opinion.
  19. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Isn't this game still in beta till release. I want to pre-purchase.

Are the mods multiplying like rabbits?