1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured NASCAR Heat Evolution Xbox One Patch Released

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

NASCAR Heat Evolution 1.jpg
    On Friday NASCAR Heat Evolution developers Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games released a second patch for the Xbox One version of the game, bringing with it several fixes to some outstanding issues experienced by console players.

The latest patch, as can be seen below, brings with it a number of fixes and improvements to the title, not least of which are several improvements to the online experience and various substantial AI enhancements on several of the tracks in game.

NASCAR Heat Evolution has received a rather mixed reception since its release on the 12th September, with a generally disappointing experience greeting long suffering fans who have been awaiting a solid replacement for the once legendary NASCAR Racing 2003 game. With patches coming out on a fairly regular basis, perhaps all is not yet lost for the game... it will be an interesting experience to see how development continues over the coming weeks.

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2.jpg

The full patch 2 changelog for Xbox One can be seen below:
    • MPH and gear added to cockpit dash
    • RPM display fixed for non-restrictor plate tracks
    • Significant improvements to multiplayer interpolation issues
    • Fixed many multiplayer synchronization issues
    • Added the ability to change events in multiplayer races
    • Martinsville wall riding no longer beneficial
    • Wall collision improvements at Atlanta, Bristol, and Darlington
    • Improved the driving feel at the following tracks: Autoclub / Charlotte / Chicago / Darlington / Daytona / New Hampshire
    • Significantly improved the AI pitting entrance/exit behavior at the following tracks: Charlotte / Chicago / Indianapolis / Las Vegas / Phoenix / Pocono
    • Improved the AI driving behavior at the following tracks: Darlington / Indianapolis / Phoenix / Pocono / Richmond / Texas
    • Fixed Chase Bonus Point calculation issue
    • Display penalty message when the player has earned a penalty (ex: at Watkins Glen)
    • Adjusted the Turn 1 penalty wall at Watkins Glen
    • Trophies Added - New Hampshire 301 / Pennsylvania 400

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more of the news and discussion regarding the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of the game.

How are you finding the NASCAR Heat Evolution experience on Xbox One? Does the patch bring a noticeable improvement? Are you happy with the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

I don`t think any amount of patching can fix this clusterf . . bomb of a game. :)
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

It can be fixed if they actually address all the issues. Problem is they put out a very unfinished game.
  4. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Many companies do now, it seems. Although many can be forgiven as they do release them as 'Early Access' or similar.

This seems like a really hefty cash grab. Not played it myself but was hoping it would be somewhere decent so I could rekindle the Nascar glory days. But no . . .
  5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I think a lot of it comes down to NASCAR's Cash grab for their official licenses. Less we forget it was that that ended the most successful franchise of NR2k3 as they sold the licenses to the highest bidder, EA who eventually drove the franchise into the ground by 2009. I owned all the Papyrus Titles and it actually took them several (4) years (NR1999) to get the game right on PC, but no one else wanted it until NR2k3 was such a hit.
  6. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Well I hope they take all the comments on board and try to drive the brand back to the success it eventually had with Papyrus.

Who knows, maybe the huge profit they must be making (or recovering for the license) will be ploughed into improving the game where it counts.
  7. Honestly the changelog I'm reading here feels like something off an Early Access title. I still have some hope that the devs will make a much more refined sequel but now I feel no incentive to buy this game.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I did just have a very fun time running 80 laps at Indy for a Career race. I'll be glad when my car is fully upgraded.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Does anyone think in the next patch you could have yellow flags on but not black flags ? And do you think it would be possible to have Auto AI in the career ? I hope so thanks alot.