1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Details Revealed

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

NASCAR Heat Evolution.png
    So you thought they had nothing left to reveal... wrong! Dusenberry Martin Racing have released details of the three different kinds of DLC packages that will be available once NASCAR Heat Evolution releases 13th September.

DMR have confirmed DLC packages will be released monthly throughout the year and will contain a mix of both paid and free content. Paint Scheme Packs, Spotter Voices, and Challenge Packs will be available. Heat will ship with a default spotter featuring the legendary NASCAR driver Bobby Labonte, however the studio plan to release a variety of Spotter Audio ranging from real life spotters to drivers, announcers, and other as yet unannounced additions. Launch day will feature the option to download NBC on NASCAR announcer Rick Allen’s Spotter Audio for a nominal fee of $0.99.

As previously revealed, NASCAR Heat Evolution will contain 23 challenge events as default, the studio do plan to release new events each month throughout the year and the first of those DLC's will be available for download, again selling for $0.99 and containing 4 new Challenges.

The third and final DLC offering will consist of a variety of new and unique paint schemes for the many top tier drivers featured in NASCAR Heat Evolution. DMR have revealed more detail on some of the upcoming packs below:

Paint Schemes
    NASCAR Heat Evolution 2.png

Every month we’ll be releasing at least one paint scheme pack for players to diversify their game. One of the coolest features in NASCAR Heat Evolution are the track specific paint schemes. For example, if you purchase Darlington Throwback Paint Scheme Pack 1, the AI cars at Darlington will use the Darlington paint schemes. It takes authenticity to a whole new level.

Worth noting, if all of the art assets are not delivered from the race teams and sponsors in time, certain paint schemes packs will be released in two parts. The Darlington schemes and the Chase schemes are both examples of this. We make the paint schemes as soon as we receive them. We didn’t have enough time to create the schemes for drivers who just revealed their Darlington paint schemes like Kyle Larson and Chris Buescher. You can expect a Darlington Throwback Paint Scheme Pack 2 and a Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Pack 2 at a later date. The following Paint Scheme Packs will be available on launch day:
    • Darlington Throwback Paint Scheme Pack 1: Joey Logano, Ryan Newman, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Aric Almirola, Kurt Busch, Chase Elliott, Jimmie Johnson, Trevor Bayne, Austin Dillon, Casey Mears, Danica Patrick, Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards, David Ragan, and Matt DiBenedetto. (Price: $9.99)
    • Paint Scheme Pack 1: Chase Elliott – 3M, Kasey Kahne – Panasonic, Kasey Kahne – Mountain Dew, Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Tax Slayer, Greg Biffle – KFC, Tony Stewart – Code/Mobil 1, Ricky Stenhouse Jr – Ford EcoBoost, Landon Cassill – Snap Fitness, Jimmie Johnson – Kobalt, and Chris Buescher – CSX. (Price: $4.99)
    • Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Pack 1: Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jr, Denny Hamlin, and Tony Stewart. (Price: $4.99)

Pit Pass Bundles

Since this is our first game release, we were unable to have a Season Pass to cover all of the DLC we’ll be releasing in 2016. Instead, we’ll be offering 4 separate Pit Pass Bundles through 2016. Each Pit Pass Bundle will include a bundle of DLC at a discounted price. Below are the details for Pit Pass Bundle 1 available September 13, 2016:
    • Pit Pass Bundle 1: Pit Pass Bundle 1 will include Darlington Throwback Paint Scheme Pack 1, Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Pack 1, Paint Scheme Pack 1, Rick Allen Spotter Audio, and Challenge Pack 1. (Price: TBD)

Toyota Partnership

Through our partnership with Toyota, fans will receive a free Toyota Challenge Pack and a free Toyota Paint Scheme Pack each month. Below are details for the free Toyota DLC available on September 13:
    • Toyota Challenge Pack 1: 4 new challenges from Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, and Denny Hamlin take you to Kentucky, Sonoma, Daytona, and Indianapolis. (Price: Free)
    • Toyota Paint Scheme Pack 1: Paint schemes include Kyle Busch – Skittles, Carl Edwards – Subway, Carl Edwards – Stanley, Denny Hamlin – FedEx Ground, Matt Kenseth – Dewalt, Martin Truex Jr. – Furniture Row, Matt DiBenedetto – EJ Wade, Matt DiBenedetto – Dustless Blasting, and David Ragan – Shriner’s Hospital. (Price: Free)

Pre-Order DLC

NASCAR Heat Evolution is excited to partner with our retail partners and offer pre-order bonus DLC. All pre-order DLC will be available to all players at a later date. Below are the details of the current pre-order bonuses:

• GameStop: Players who pre-order through GameStop have exclusive access to Erik Jones paint schemes. Included paint schemes are NASCAR Heat Evolution, GameStop Turtle Beach, and GameStop Think Geek.
    • Best Buy: Players who pre-order from Best Buy will have access to the Sprint All-Star Paint Scheme Pack. Included paint schemes are Kasey Kahne – Drive Home A Winner, Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Mountain Dew, and Carl Edwards – Arris Surfboard, the winning paint scheme that landed Carl on the cover of NASCAR Heat Evolution.
    • Xbox Marketplace: Players who digitally pre-order NASCAR Heat Evolution on Xbox will have launch day access to the Sprint All-Star Paint Scheme Pack.

Although substantial in detail, DMR have confirmed further DLC will be made available for NASCAR Heat Evolution in the following months. Keep an eye out for more information as and when it becomes available at our NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

How much more news can the studio release? Still looking forward to NASCAR Heat Evolution? Looking at making some DLC purchases? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

I'm am down for all of these! Thanks Paul! I heard/seen in game testing that they are going to even have Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr as Spotter Voices.

3. Don't even know if the game is good yet, but here, have $30 worth of DLC.

Just kill this genre already.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Hmm... not the kind of DLC I'd buy.

Still no idea if it'll be released in the UK via Steam, or if it supports multiple input devices ... For now, I'm getting my oval shaped fun with iRacing.

5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

It's a NASCAR thing as many drivers run multiple liveries on their race cars throughout the season. Me, I love the throwback schemes for Darlington. I've been a fan for 32 years and I love the history of the sport. The spotter packs are pretty neat as well.

6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

Announcing DLC before release? That's EA levels of scummy right there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Don't even know if the game is good yet, but let's start knocking it right away, just in case it isn't.
    Wow.....
    You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Er....Why?
    They're still selling the complete game, the DLCs are available for those who want it.
    Would it have been alright if they'd announced the DLCs on Sept 14th?
    Besides, AMS has done exactly the same thing with the Brit Pack, and oddly enough I don't see anybody complaining about that.

Short version, the game isn't out yet.
    It might be great, it might be crap.
    But unless you're feeling particularly masochistic and would rather have Eutechnyx continue their illustrious NASCAR series, let's just wait and see what we get before we start hating it.

8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Again stuff like liveries changes in NASCAR almost every week. I'm glad they're providing the opportunity to get those updates instead of the game becoming stale after a few months and the Situational challenges are based on real moments in the actual races as they happen. Sorry Nascarbmay seem boring to you going around circles and all, but it's not near as predictable as F1

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well, on the bright side of this dlc announcement... At least it wasnt Sebastien Loeb Rally levels of bad, charging $8 for a car stripped out of the game before it was even released. Oh, and there were multiple of those.

But hey, Nascar heat is charging a hefty amount for liveries... and people really give RaceRoom flack for selling them for ~50 cents or less. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I'll bite. It's not the genre, it's the "brilliant world of gaming". As long as people pay. it will exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Precisely why NASCAR is in the crapper, begging the networks not to show the empty seats. Paint schemes? No thanks. How about some classic tracks like North Wilkesboro or Rockingham? Of that's right...this is an inside job. They care more about money than tradition or their loyal southern demographic.

12. I was all for this game until i heard of DLC... Thats a big turn off.. I will now be sticking with other sims and good ol NR2003 :)

13. Evolution of video gaming in 21st century: from scammy Day 1 DLC to even more scammy Pre-release DLC.

I wonder when people finally get fed up with this. Add quality problems of many released games and eternal Eearly Access projects which are only great at getting money out of people's pockets, it seems that things are definitely rolling towards a future video game crash.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  14. And the milking begins hehehehe , if the game will rocks like Automobilista or Assetto Corsa ,but i doubt it , I am willing to buy something , but this time I will first try a pirated copy ,sry ,I was f__ked up once with NASCAR The Game: 2013 , this time not

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. When this was first announced, I was a little optimistic that it might be a decent replacement for NR2003. The more I read about it, the less I am convinced and dare I say, I am starting to be put off by the DEVS. All the other sim/games have let me paint my own cars and import them into the game...IE. NR2003, Rfactor, Assetto Corsa, Automoblista, and on and on. Now you want to charge for painted cars, I have a big problem with that. The challenges, I can possibly see. Different series, like the trucks and xfinity series, sure, no problem with that, a track pack to round those series out, sure no problem again. Paint schemes, really, that is kind of a new low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

You don't have to buy it.. But if you want to try out Muliplayer on Xbox I'm going to be creating a "Xfinity" type League with a chase and everything. Wait till its knocked down to $29, but I believe its going to be a blast. There isn't really anything else as far as ovals on consoles right now. I'm starting the season in January if you are interested!

17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

This game is beginning to worry me. It mentions PC on the official announcement notes, it has the Steam logo on the end of some videos, yet I see no reference to PC in recent information from the studio. I've seen some leaked PC footage, but you can never be sure if its real or not.

I've contacted the devs a few times, with no response.

Hope its on PC as I fancy this one for some fun.

Let's see what happens....

• Sad Sad x 1
  18. Paying for skins... hatmania continues.

19. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

I wouldn't worry yet.
    So far only physical copies are ready for pre-order. The console guys can't pre-order a digital-download either.
    Now, if a DD copy shows up in the Xbox store without also appearing on Steam, then I'll worry. :)

EDIT: Also, there's this:
    https://twitter.com/EdMartinDMR/status/762449371963072513
    And this:
    https://twitter.com/dmrnascarheat/status/757704377322901504

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I don't think there will be anything to worry about. It's not going to be a Nascar Racing 2003 beater. Probably best not to come to PC.