The AI is actually awesome. There was the % slider, but you could check off "adaptive AI" which - while you would be racing - would keep the AI cars at your level. At the end of every race the game would take your laps and compare them to the record lap times and then adjust the % slider as needed. It worked really well. For example you could set it to 90%, run a race and at the end notice the slider has been changed to 93%... so that the next time you run its a bit more challenging. If you spent hours and hours racing you could get to 110% which made things insane!

Plus there are AI mods to make them harder and race you more realistically.. which is why the game STILL has a ton of playing power to this day. Yea it may not be shiny and have all the graphical gimmicks, but the AI will race, rub and fight you for every spot if you set it to.

Yeh my comment was more the fact that @natedogg1867 had picked up on the fact that I ask 'so how's the ai then' on every sims forum lol.

But Yeh I always thought the ai was pretty awesome in nr2003. Tried it the other day and it still seemed great. Need to install all the latest mods still but Yeh if this new title surpasses that sim I will be very happy

I doubt it can be batter then Nascar Racing 2003 Season from Papyrus. Graphically of course, but I don`t expect it to be a hard core sim. Because this "Heat" never brought us something real.

For me i thought Nascar Heat provided some of the best racing on oval and road. It has very stable multiplayer with it's great netcode. After i redone the AIW for many tracks like Riverside with it's multiple layouts the ai transformed into another species of excellence just like the ai became in rF1 after making new AIW's. There are many great car mods and tracks as similar to rF1 so perhaps this new title will have the same potential.

Last edited:
You can trace Ed Martin of DunesberryMartin inc to Papyrus. Yes, the original producers of NASCAR Racing Sim, and he worked for Hasbro when the few playable NASCAR games came out for EA Sports.

NASCAR Heat was a lot of fun for me. Online racing was really good. I still race NR2003 about every week offline and there are lots of mods that keep the graphics looking nice. I would be happy with NR2003 physics and Direct X 12 Graphics in the new game. It has been so long since I played Heat I am not sure if I would be happy with those original physics.

To be fair: Sonoma and Watkins Glen.
sonoma-123.jpg
14GLEN1jh04206.jpg

Don't forget about Mid-Ohio and Road America for Xfinity series and Canadian Tire for Champing Truck Series

Dusenberry Martin Racing have released the first substantial trailer for new NASCAR racing game NASCAR Heat Evolution, due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC on September 13th.

Having re acquired the licence to produce official NASCAR games, Dusenberry Martin Racing have been hard at work producing the 2016 instalment and will benefit from over 40 official drivers and all 23 official NASCAR series tracks. Featuring player customisation, a full suite of car setup options and next generation graphics, NASCAR Heat Evolution will look to become the top ranking NASCAR title after years of sub par releases.

Due out on September 13th, unfortunately for British fans the studio have taken the bizarre decision to not release the new title in the UK marketplace. American players will no doubt rejoice that a potentially high quality NASCAR title is due to hit the shelves, and it will be interesting to see how Dusenberry Martin Racing manage to pull off a licence for one of the most popular sports in America.

NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg

Check out the RaceDepartment NASCAR Heat sub forum for continued coverage of this game as news develops.

Will you be looking to purchase NASCAR Heat Evolution upon its release? What do you think of recent NASCAR titles? Do you think NASCAR Heat Evolution will improve upon previous releases? Let us know in the comments section below!

Where did you read that?
Not that I doubt you, but I can't find anything online saying that it won't be released in Europe.

"NASCAR Heat Evolution will be available on September 13, 2016 in North America for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. More information can be found at NASCARHeat.com, with additional details to be released in the coming months. Fans can also follow NASCAR Heat Evolution on Twitter via @DMRNASCARHeat and @DMRacingGames."

From - http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...nberry-martin-racing-nascar-heat-contest.html

I see no sign of it on Steam either, plus other news outlets seem to be reporting it as not for sale in the UK. I've contacted DMR for some info a few weeks ago but haven't received a response yet.... :(

"NASCAR Heat Evolution will be available on September 13, 2016 in North America for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. More information can be found at NASCARHeat.com, with additional details to be released in the coming months. Fans can also follow NASCAR Heat Evolution on Twitter via @DMRNASCARHeat and @DMRacingGames."

From - http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...nberry-martin-racing-nascar-heat-contest.html

I see no sign of it on Steam either, plus other news outlets seem to be reporting it as not for sale in the UK. I've contacted DMR for some info a few weeks ago but haven't received a response yet.... :(
Alright, fair enough.
But it's worth noticing that the only versions available for pre-order are the XBox and PS4 ones.
You can't pre-order the PC version in the US.
Which tells me that they simply haven't worked out the PC distribution deals yet, either US or Europe.
Given that anyone can order it through through Amazon, I have a hard time believing that it'll be US only. If anything, NASCAR would have an interest in getting a (bigger) fanbase in Europe.

Impressive... if it was some sort of a port of a mobile-platform NASCAR game, which is what it looks like honestly.

Either iRacing or rF2 stock cars (and the numerous tracks coming out for them) still look to be your best bet for a 'NASCAR-fix".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back