• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Featured NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Team Update DLC Coming Soon

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,648
    NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack 2.jpg
    Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games look set to release a new 2017 livery DLC pack for NASCAR Heat Evolution this February, adding new paint schemes and the new Toyota Camry model.

In something of a slightly dubious move that smells of quick cash grab rather than genuine benefit for NASCAR Heat Evolution owners, the upcoming '2017 Team Update' DLC will not be an actual update to the game, but a simple set of liveries shipped as something of a placeholder until the new NASCAR title hits the shelves later this year.

Although the 2017 update contains all the new paint schemes, driver swops and the new Camry model for next season, still missing are a representation of the new rules for 2017, track change layouts, online compatibility or Monster Energy Cup Series branding...

The new pack will allow players to choose between Race, Championship, and Career modes offline, as well as still being able to select the current 2016 schemes, but you wont be able to take to the track online in the new paint schemes DLC. I fear this isn't really the update fans have been looking for on the eve of the new NASCAR season kicking off at Daytona on February 19th.

All in all it feels to me like the latest DLC from DMR and Monster Games is very similar to the majority of the previous ones, namely a desperate attempt to squeeze more money from fans of the sport before launching the new official 2017 game later in the year.

The 2017 Team Update includes:
    • Team & Roster Updates
    • New Drivers
    • New 2017 Paint Schemes:
    #41 Monster Energy car and the #77 5 Hour Energy car make their NASCAR video game debut.​
    • 2017 Schedule
    • New Toyota Camry Model
    NASCAR Heat Evolution is available to purchase today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. The 2017 livery updated DLC will be released February 27th for $9.99.

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack.jpg
    NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack 3.jpg

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding this title. You can take part in a selection of great online races and download some excellent community created content in our modding archive.

Does the idea of a 2017 livery update appeal to you? Will you be purchasing the DLC? Has NASCAR Heat Evolution lived up to your expectations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,060
    Unlike any other Motorsports, NASCAR thrives in souvenir sales due to the ever evolving liveries and driver changes that take place in the sport. If you don't follow Nascar this may seem like a trivial thing. However, if you are a fan of the sport it goes a long way to holding us over having updates paint schemes and drivers. Only on PC in a game, that's been far outdated (NASCAR 2003), could you get car sets for free. Most of these were usually the work of someone on their own accord doing all the artwork with no licensing or official liveries. Sorry but you have to pay for that in 2017. Especially when it comes to consoles. You obviously don't have to spend a dime to play the game and have fun. But If want to see the cars that are on the track this season with Officially Licensed liveries you're going to have to pay for that. As far as changes to the points system, I didn't expect to change until the new game is released. It's like trying to get 4K resolution out of your 720p tv. The new game is coming and when it comes out it will need more updates to the liveries and drivers to remain relevant ( i.e. F1 2011 is irrelevant compared to F1 2016) . It will always be a thing in NASCAR it's a marketing thing that comes from the top of the sport. Dale Jr ( NASCAR's most Popular Driver) had at least 4 different paint schemes in 2016 alone. Again No other sport, just saying!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +98
    Remember when NASCAR games had you unlock liveries by doing in-game achievements and you didn't have to spend on them? I remember...

(I know the industry has changed; but I'm still reminiscing better days...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,648
    It just seems a bit of a scam paying for a 2017 skin pack now when a new game, with the skins included plus everything else, will be released in the not too distant future.

Appreciate $10 isn't a lot of money, but it does feel like this game is basically a platform for DLC releases :) Still if the people who buy the DLC are happy then that is all that matters I suppose. It's not like someone has a gun to everyone's head forcing them to buy the stuff :)

Just seems a little on the shady side to me and doesn't leave a pleasant taste in my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    I'm happy to see the new season update coming to the game to keep it in line with the real thing as much as possible. Yes it would have been nice to see some actual game enhancements at the same time but this will provide a nice boost regardless :thumbsup:.

There's no news on any release date for the new game so this will tide us over and allow us to replicate the real season as cloise as possible until that time.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,060
    I'm looking forward to the new game as well. Apparently this current platform can't support any new adjustments to the points system or physics of the car i.e. Trackbar adjustments. I deal with this stuff on a daily basis though. In my work, people buy 80k X-ray systems but you can update the firmware so much before you have to replace it. To me the 2017 Car set is a colorful bandaid to hold us over until the new game with all the promised content comes out. What I don't want is them to rush out a product that is as unfinished and unpolished as this last release. Deadlines from investors have been the downfall of many games and I hope they take their time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,871
    I guess I have turned from one of this game's biggest critics (having not played it :laugh:) to one of its biggest fans. Although I have not played online, and I know many negatives are associated therewith, the core functions of a game (for me) are there. And by "core" I mean to that particular racing series. The road feel, connection to the track, ability to feel yaw in the car, and genuine sense of tire model put the physics of this (mind you it's an oval and so less dynamic is required) on par with pCARS. In fact, I think the cars in HEAT feel better than the stock cars in pCARS, even on a road course. So that's 60% of a game right there. Other surprises included the rich tuning system (I know there are flaws, but it's there and works to a large degree), the excellent flag system, only rivaled by F1 in my opinion, and the exquisite feel you get being able to control, yet simultaneously piss your pants, while running in the pack at Daytona. It's a feeling that cannot be replicated by any other game. Forza does not come close. So, on the XBO, I'm giving it a 7 only because its potential is there, but untapped.

Even online, you can do things like call mandatory cautions with mandatory pit stops for cars that cause another to go sideways or you have contact with the wall, etc. In fact, it would probably run smoother than all the silly competition cautions.

What really shocked me was the feeling I got while in the pack. It's scary as hell, but controllable. I didn't say I could, but I'm getting there. It's just such a different form of racing that (Mike I agree) not as many worldwide understand. Tracks that look identical can sometimes be entirely different in racing line approach. Anyway, you get the picture.

Paul, as for your main article, thanks for the update. I agree with you 100% -- I'd bet my bottom dollar that NASCAR has almost nothing to do with the delights of this game, besides investment. The "skins" that they are selling smack of arcade gimmicks and I wish the dev would quit the charade. But like Michael said, this is being driven by NASCAR. And it's one of the reasons the sport has seen an ugly plummet in popularity here. But the *essence* of what it is, should never be underestimated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    I really don't see any issue with the 'offer' of these liveries as DLC. Nobody is forced to purchase anything they do not want but those that do and like to see their races mirror the real thing in terms of cars and drivers get the chance to do so with these DLC. Of course it would be great to see them given free but at the end of the day these companies have to make money otherwise we end users would not get the games we want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    I would call it a money grab if the developer had not worked its tail off to improve the game. The patch notes would make any SIM developer jealous. So throwing a little DLC out there is not a big deal, even if liveries. There are no new "tracks" that I'm aware of, and all the cars are nominally kit cars, so typical DLC is not going to happen. Would I love to see the Xfinity series drivers and a seperate section? Sure, but it would improve the game that much for me.

BTW, did you see they added a "dual" multiplayer mode in patch #3? You can set up a quick race with a buddy online and it's just you and him, any distance, any track.

And this is the first game I can recall where console players have a better product. Only on them can you set private lobbies to "sim" physics, pick the distance to the lap, and have custom setups. Sure, it should be basic to the game, but I think a league is at least operable now.

10. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    But a money grab that people do not have to buy.. it is everyone's choice whether they buy them or not.

Wasn't aware of the co-op play, that could be fun.. So you can't add AI to it, it's just the two of you alone on track? I used ot love the F1 co-op option we had back in 2011.. played a season of that with a buddy with us both in the McLaren and it was a hell of a lot of fun :thumbsup:

11. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    It's a waste of resources to offer such weak DLC, but I aint the CEO. lol.

Yea, no A.I. in any online session ever. A real drawback, unless you have a big group, then it's do=able.

12. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    I guess weak depends on whether you want it or not. I am sure there are plenty of Nascar fans that want the up to date liveries, etc.

Oh ok, that's a shame...