• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details Released

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,960
    NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details.jpg
    704Games have confirmed a patch for NASCAR Heat 2 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be arriving very shortly, hot on the heels of the recent PC build update.

704Games have already patched NASCAR Heat 2 on PC back at the start of October, however the American development studio have remained hard at work behind the scenes looking at ways to improve the simulation on both the PC and console platforms, forming what is a very positive move in the right direction for the official NASCAR game franchise.

Now the studio have confirmed that both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the title are due to be updated very shortly, with the new builds submitted to the certification process with Microsoft and Sony respectively. Although no definitive release date has been confirmed, 704Games suggest a release could come as soon as early next week. Stay tuned for more details as they become available...

Xbox One and PS4 Update Highlights:
    • Added remaining NASCAR NEXT drivers (Harrison Burton, Chase Cabre, Hailie Deegan, Riley Herbst, Cayden Lapcevich, Chase Purdy, Zane Smith)
    • Added new “Strict” Yellow Flags option for single-player
    • Added a Stats page to Career
    • Rivals’ anger now has the potential to slowly decay over time
    • Added an alternate controller configuration (Options -> Controls -> Default/Alternate)
    • Added new Victory Anthems
    • Added separate volume control for Spotter
    • Fixed potential frame rate stutter during race
    • Fixed Trophies/Achievements that were not awarding properly
    • Fixed red-lining engine issues at Iowa Speedway
    • Made top-end AI more challenging at some tracks
    • Better calculation of race results for cars finishing behind the player
    • Fixed issue where players in some regions would not see the correct cars in multiplayer races
    • Added gear/speed overlays in the cockpit view
    • Altered qualifying logic for the AI
    • Display purse on race card in Career
    • You can hold down left or right to change values at pits/in garage
    • Changed pre-race animation in multiplayer
    • Implemented some missing UI sounds
    • Quieter Victory Anthems
    • Fixed rare Career mode crash
    • Added functionality to switch between Global Leaderboards and Favorite Driver Leaderboards
    • Fixed doppler effect to prevent unusual pitch shifting during some events
    • Set Furniture Row Racing to a 5-star team in Career
    • Fixed Elliot Sadler’s Road America Challenge
    • Fixed some crash bugs
    • Adjusted some driver ratings
    • Altered character models for some drivers
    • Fixed some issues with AI pitting logic
    • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 3.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Update Details 4.jpg

If you are enjoying NASCAR Heat 2 (or just curious about the new game) then head over to our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum. A place on the internet to discuss the game, download the mods and have your say with your fellow NASCAR Heat 2 fans!

Enjoying the console version of NASCAR Heat 2? Looking forward to the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. Pywackett-Barchetta

Pywackett-Barchetta

Ratings:
    +66
    I'm particularly glad about the NASCAR Next drivers being added; they were an awesome touch in Heat Evo and oughta add some historical value to these games down the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,069
    This game is vastly underrated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +475
    Yeah, I plan on picking up on the first sale - I have too many racing games/sims to add another at full price. Though it may be unavoidable that I compare to Nascar Racing 2003, I hope I won't be disappointed :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +19
    The racing in NH2 can be very fun - for playability cars are more stable than the previous version, maybe even too stable - and the AI is more capable than NHE. There is some rubberbanding, but nothing too obvious in long races at higher speed ratings.

My pet peeves are mainly visual and performance oriented, while the physics and ffb could be improved they are good enough for the level they are aiming at. I won't repeat the comments I made in my previous post on this topic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    It's a pretty bad-looking game, but what's wrong with the performance?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,935
    always look cool these games after release you never hear anything again :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +19
    Some people, but certainly not all, experience frame rate drops regardless of high frame rates.

I've played the game with a 60hz and 144hz monitor, using the same GTX1080.
    On the 60hz I experience pretty bad frame drops, that make the game look like it is running at less than 30fps, while the fps counter is either running a steady 60fps with v-sync on or in the high hundred.

With the 144hz I have drops in the same places, but because of the monitor this does not lead to the same experience. My guess is that the frame timing is an issue.

There have been more reports, most going for a refund, but I stuck out.

Had the same issue with NHE, so that makes me very stupid.

However the racing is pretty good and other people seem to have no performance issues.

My guess is that exclusive full screen should solve most performance problems and of course the addition of AA and LOD settings worthy of a pc game.

I don't want to bash the game, I just hope that there is enough incentive to have this fixed. Other than that I actually like the gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,069
    It is very well optimized on the XBO, but the frame rate is locked down to 30 fps, I believe. It's a damn sight better than pCARS2 right now (and even Assetto in Multiplayer) if that tells you anything. On the XBO, F1 2017 and DiRT4 reign supreme re: frame rate and visuals (not including Forza). So yes, it's a bit ticky tacky on the XBO, but the driving and game play is really well done. I even think the physics are good, but what makes the game for me are the A.I. It's damn hard to get oval A.I. right. SMS still can't do it, and I'm not sure anyone else on the console ever has. But the weight, balance, drafting, and rubbing between you and the A.I. are nearly perfect. And now you can use them in multiplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts

Ratings:
    +1,145
    I've seen some post patch videos of post patch and things look good, but AI pitting still gives you unrealistic opportunities to win every race. If they get that fixed this game will be great. It already is pretty awesome in Multiplayer

• Like Like x 1
  11. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    i like to play oval tracks in AC...:D but no love to these nascar cars:thumbsdown:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  12. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +19
    I think you point out the main advantages and disadvantages of this new series.

The NH2 is a great improvement over NHE in terms of racing. The AI is pretty good on the ovals and even decent on the road tracks. But it was also primarily made for consoles and the PC port is not optimized as much as it should have been for a second game in the series - the basic game engine has been unchanged. That is my biggest gripe and disappointment with NH2.

Getting a new 144hz monitor tomorrow and I hope that will end my frame drop issues. I can live with the poor AA and LOD.

Maybe I have said it before, but NH2 is at its best with longer races and high speed ratings, that's when the AI becomes more believable as you fight for position - the rubbing you have described earlier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +475
    AC is not the game to race NASCAR, no wonder why you have no love :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Fonsecker

Fonsecker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +495
    Can i enjoy the NASCAR stuff with this game? Last time i enjoyed NASCAR was with Papyrus NASCAR Racing 2 "few" years ago and i have watched the last races from the real deal and all i want now, is NASCAR racing with a funny game, no iRacing stuff or anything else...just fun and plain NASCAR thing.

I have heared that this game is a crap when driven with a wheel...is that true or can i have a go? I am sure that this game is not the holy simracing grail, but it shoudl make fun with a wheel...

Thanx for comments!

15. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon

Ratings:
    +160
    Had myself a bit of a Nascar weekend, put Papy's 2003 back on yesterday and been playing heat 2 for the past couple of hours

For the racing it's bloody good fun, the AI are quite reasonable for what it is although a bit slow in places, just destroyed them at Bristol running at 100%, best described as the Codies version of F1 for the Nascar world, which isn't a bad thing, you need games like that to unwind with, you take it for what it is your have a cracking time

Not had an issue with the graphics, keys need a bit of working out on PC, FFB gets the job done and the wheel took a bit of getting used to but runs fine when your racing, show a bit of patience with it and your have fun

• Like Like x 1
  16. scrawley82

scrawley82

Ratings:
    +3
    I bought this at weekend for PS4 after really missing racing ovals in nr2003 and iracing.
    Pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is. Oval racing is hard to beat for concentration and holding your nerve when surrounded by other cars.
    having a proper career mode that isn’t afraid to make you work to get results is really refreshing. Such a shame other titles don’t make you work up through the ranks too.

• Like Like x 3