• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway Trailer

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,485
    NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway.jpg
    Iowa Speedway will be making a first ever appearance on console later this year, and to mark the occasion 704Games have released a new trailer - because everyone loves trailers, right?

The latest in a long line of NASCAR sanctioned racing games, Heat 2 will be a second stab of at the series by the current developers and already looks likely to provide a substantial improvement over its older brother.

Now thanks to both the NASCAR Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series inclusion alongside the main Monster Energy NASCAR championship (don't you just hate the sponsor naming overkill in American racing?), players on console will be able to sample the 7/8-mile (1.4 km) paved oval raceway for the very first time.

Welcoming Iowa to the game, 704 have released the below brief trailer that gives us our first in game view of this nice little inclusion to the new title:

Iowa Speedway has the distinction of being one of only three tracks on the NASCAR circuit to have a SAFER barrier installed around the entire circumference of the outer wall (alongside Martinsville and Atlanta Motor Speedway), despite its relatively short history in American motorsport.

First opened to the public in 2006, the 0.875 mile asphalt oval has played host to many high profile American racing championships in recent years, and is a current regular on both the Xfinity and Camping World Trucks schedules.

NASCAR Heat 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 12th 2017.

NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway 3.jpg

Want to know more about NASCAR Heat 2? Need to kill some time whilst we await a release? Fear not, you can always hang out in the NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum and get involved with the community, we even plan on having a mods and online racing section post release too!

Pleased to see Iowa Speedway coming to the game? Looking forward to Heat 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +429
    Wish people would stop doing promo videos and screen shots at this time of the day in game :rolleyes:

3. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,599
    Dusk sells games man :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +65
    The first Iowa Xfinity race of the season is a day-to-night race.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +354
    The way car rolls on track... :unsure:
    The way car behave after collision... :unsure:
    Wish someone else get this licence, really.... it could be such an amazing racing.
    Though... many agree that oval AI is not that easy to craft, I'm optimistic by nature. :geek:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  6. ARTeam

ARTeam

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks great but graphics aren't everything.
    Important for me is the fun and the realism, good ai. I'm remembering the first time I saw
    Nascar heat evolution and thought,,,
    Wow, that's amazing. I play it and delete it after 3 races. Stupid animation, bad ai and physics, arcade game. Really boring.

Now, i really hope this Nascar game is
    A good game.
    Mod support, possible to make paints, arcade and a hardcore simulation mod. No stupid animations (for what?!?)
    Like Iracing with AI,
    and a linux version would be cool ;o)

7. Dave R

Dave R

Ratings:
    +204
    I may be wrong in my own opinion, but the AI for their last title wasn't bad short of Talladega and Daytona AI (there wasn't enough pack racing as in previous titles). I think if anyone else actually wanted the license, it would be an easy grab. The same company has held the license for the last few years (they just change the company name yearly).