1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR 08 - 09

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Eric Tozer, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Anyone played any of the EA Nascar games.

08 got 6/10 on gamespot
    09 got 7/10

I don't always trust these reviews as often these guys aren't sim racers.

So have any of you "intelligent" racers out there tried these & if so please share your opinions?
  2. I played both of these on PS2 :question:
  3. Are they any good??
  4. Only a step better than the previous years.

But I like NASCAR 06: Total Team Control the best.
  5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

It went worse with every year. The best one in my opinion is 2007 or 2006 version. Can't remember exactly :)
  6. Thanks.
    It sounds pretty ordinary.
    I think I'll give it a miss & wait for Nascar in GT5.
  7. Well I had some great moments on NASCAR 08. In fact, it's the game where I won my first full 100% distance NASCAR race!

Raced at FoodCity 500 with #48 (or #24, I forgot), went through the pack and won it after 500 laps :D
  8. * post no longer needed *
  9. I happened upon NASCAR 09 for AU$24 & couldn't pass it up. (Dick Smith in Australia)
    I must admit it is better than I thought it was going to be.
    The menus & front end are all a bit over the top & confusing but once you get into it, it's a good racing experience.
    You would have to like oval racing I think.
    The AI was impressive on the ovals.
    I haven't done a circuit race yet so I won't comment on that AI.
    Nice clear graphics but a wheel is essential.

My only gripe so far is that the sound on the replays doesn't match what's happening on the screen.

I give it 8/10
    Worth a look IMHO, especially if you can find it cheap.
  10. Hi I been playing this game again and wondered if anyone has any set ups for me,the european server was taken down so I cant download nothing from the locker room.thx EA you rip off Tards,why dont they conect the eu to the us servers,seeing I payed full wack for this game and had it two weeks before they closed the servers down but kept the americans open.