rF2 NAGT @ Mid-Ohio - Friday September 9th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I hate to say this, but work may prohibit me from attending this race yet again. Can you change me to a maybe? I will try my best to be there though, I am looking forward to this one.

Can't get the mod to work :(
The link to the track sownload isn't working for me...
Sorry but I think I'm out (unless someone gives a working link to the track download place ;))

Oh man!!!

Thank you guys for some nice racing. I hadn't done a Club race for a while, but this one was good fun.

First off, my apologies for my chat message during the race:bad:. I don't normally use this rFactor install for online races and I'm so used to how I have my wheel/buttons setup in my WV8S/WSS installs that whilst trying to adjust my pit settings b4 my stop I forgot that one button used to be used for chat and I hit without thinking:rolleyes:.

Anyway I chose the trusty Porsche 996. Qualified a decent 3rd.

Got a good start off the grid, but couldn't get between the front row guys and had to settle for 3rd into T1. They shot off on the opening lap as I tried to settle into a steady pace to protect my tires. Sergio though was in a hurry and made an easy pass on me dropping me to 4th. I'd got the gap to the front 2 steady and as Sergio caught them they started to battle for position. Within a couple of laps I'd inherited the lead as they had all held each other up with minor off track excursions. I pulled away a bit for a few laps b4 losing the back end out of the hairpin!! I caught the slide, but I was now on the grass and I recovered right behind 1st and 2nd. I later picked up 2nd as the car ahead spun. I was closing on Alemdar to within 1.8 seconds when he took to pit road. I stayed out an extra lap and lost a little time fiddling with my settings (hence silly chat error). Pitted for tires and rejoined about 3 seconds behind Alemdar. He pulled away for a few laps whilst Sergio was closing on me also!! Then I got the gap steady to both drivers and then started to close on Alemdar and pull away from Sergio. Then I entered T1 on lap 24 a little too deep. Then I tried to get the power down early to lessen the time lost and I spun straight into the wall and ending my race with engine failure:frown:.

A bit pissed with myself for a silly error, but I really enjoyed my battle with Alemdar and Sergio and I only wish I could of continued that for the remaining 10 laps:frown:.

Thanks again RD and to the racers today for a nice race:good:.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%