rF2 NAGT @ Mid-Ohio - Friday September 9th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
nagt.jpg

(Poster By Can Ozcelik)

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM NAGT
Mod: NAGT 1.5 + 1.5.1 Patch (Install 1.5 First)
Track: Mid-Ohio, USA (No Chicane)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:20 GMT: Qualification
19:30 GMT: Warm-up
19:35 GMT: Race (50 Minutes)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes

• All cars will be allowed except for the Volvo S60 which will not be available.
  • This mod will feature cars that have different strengths and weakness's, bear this in mind when overtaking.
  • All upgrades are allowed. This include the -100lb Rewards weight which we recommend every driver installs.
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
Please leave a message in the thread if you wish to race.

Sign-up list:
  1. Philip Antonia
  2. Evan Madore
  3. Steve Barsby
  4. Polat Alemdar
  5. Pete Colvin
  6. Stephen DuCross
  7. Roy Schroten
  8. Mike McGeer
  9. Valerio Vinassa
  10. Tristin Seip
  11. Mike Schroten
  12. Francis Lanau
  13. Berkem Ceylan
  14. Gabriel Korgan
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -

We are currently experiencing some performance issues with the forum. As a result, we are using the old sign-up method (leaving a message in this thread, saying you wish to race) until these issues are resolved. :)

Good question Scott, thinking the same. I downloaded this today and it's fun but very challenging to drive with all assists off, they really can snap without warning under braking.

I have done a lot of races in NAGT outside of RD. Each car has its own personality unlike some mods. Pretty much for all cars in this pack, I would recommend throttle blipping like nuts under braking and downshifting. Also, if you have having a ton of trouble, try out the Skyline. It is ugly as sin, but it is 4wd and is the most forgiving (other than the volvo).

Yeah thats good advice Evan. My problem is I've been playing F1 mods for too long lol. If I left foot brake I can keep the car steady by bliping with my right but I really need to learn to heel and toe. Whats a competative time around this track, it's the VLM version right.

I have no clue on the lap times yet. I planned to do a few laps tonight if I have time.

Yeah the Skyline goes through tires like crazy, but with a few key setup adjustments and driving it a bit different they can become pretty manageable

Ok, did a bunch of laps. I did one hotlap in each car to get the feel of them again, it has been quite a while.

Anyway, here are the times I did. All on default setups, one outlap, one hotlap.

Camaro - 1:27.9
DBR - 1:28.5
CTSV - 1:28.0
Vette - 1:28.0
Viper - 1:28.1
Mustang - 1:27.4
GTO - 1:27.9
996 - 1:28.1
Skyline - 1:27.7

With some more laps, all of the cars could be in the 1:25's. I would imagine a comfortable race pace would be low 1:26's. If it helps, the most stable cars for me were the Skyline and the Viper. The Camaro and Aston Martin were next in line. The most difficult was the CTSV and GTO. The others just fell somewhere in between.

I am looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can get at least 10-15 people in it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%