PC1 Nürburgring Nordschleife Comes To Project CARS

Few tracks can compare in popularity and fame when it comes to virtual racing to the fabled Nordschleife. The ring has surely seen plenty of action during its life both in the real track and the multiple virtual representations available in countless racing games.

Although it's still under heavy development, Slightly Mad Studios's Project CARS title has recently added the ring to its list of available tracks, and within a few builds it has evolved into the prelude of what might be one of the most gorgeous renditions of the Nürburgring.

Racing around the Nordschleife
Make no mistake. The track might seem wide and gentle compared to other versions. But, as soon as you get on your car of choice, you'll feel the bumps under your vehicle on every turn. It's actually a very pleasant experience to put together a clean lap.

[youtube]DdIWVbzTzvM[/youtube]

On this particular case, the car used is a Pagani Zonda R. It's a car that just feels right in the latest builds and has a reasonable amount of grip (that won't save you from having to do small, constant corrections throughout the lap due to the bumpiness of the track). It's a vechile quite enjoyable when you're taking upon yourself a lap around The Green Hell.

The track currently allows up to 16 cars on the grid and promises to deliver plenty of fun for its fans. At the time of writing this article, the AI of pCARS on this particular track was not available due to development issues.

I'll admit I'm eagerly looking forward to see some Formula A racing on the ring when the multiplayer is available on pCARS. While we're all used to touring car racing, an open-wheel race there will surely be as fun as chaotic.

If past development of the track by SMS is any indication, the pCARS rendition of Nürburgring Nordschleife might very well become one of the most enjoyable to come in recent years.

As a bonus, if you haven't seen it yet, enjoy this F1 1973 Grand Prix at the Nordschleife.

[youtube]IhI7ah4nKwQ[/youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

As they use to say: now Nordschleife is "mainstream" in videogames. ^_^

But I remember "not so much" years ago only Grand Prix Legends has it, and all other simulator only had it as community conversion from GPL!

I don't understand why people keep bad mouthing the physics?

I wonder if these guys have tried the latest build? I know its not like iRacing or rF2 but I feel the physics are not that bad IMO.

I have had many gr8 hours driving pCars and look forward to multiplayer coming out soon. :D

I don't understand why people keep bad mouthing the physics?

I wonder if these guys have tried the latest build? I know its not like iRacing or rF2 but I feel the physics are not that bad IMO.

I have had many gr8 hours driving pCars and look forward to multiplayer coming out soon. :D
People are still bad mouthing the physics because they are rubbish. Until SMS implement the new tyre model/upgraded physics then there is absolutely no hope of the driving improving. Thus I don't need to try it to know it's undrivable in any sense of a simulation.

Also the car handling on display in the video above is actually laughable.

Maybe they will pull it out of the bag and the physics will become much more realistic.......I very doubt this myself and have already written off my 25 EURO "investment" as money I have pissed away for nothing.

Looking forward to that screenshot button though!!!! :laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back