Mystery Track Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Mystery Track.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a mystery tease from an upcoming new track, can you guess what the latest ribbon of tarmac from the Swedish developers might be?

Expected to release as paid add on content in the big September RaceRoom patch, the new track will form part of a larger update release set to contain "a couple of interesting game updates" as well as the usual long list of fixes and enhancements to the current build of the PC only racing simulation.

RaceRoom already contains 38 unique locations in a variety of configurations, many of which host the real world counterpart of racing series contained within the simulation. With a strong European looking flavour in the picture above, could we be getting another high profile former Grand Prix venue (my pick would be Imola btw..).

Lay down your guess below!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

So what track do you think S3 have up their sleeves for this September? Looking forward to the new patch? How is your current experience with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ha, nice subtle hint from Sector3 with that pic! :D

This would be like showing my kids a pic of the golden arches and saying "guess where we're eating dinner!"

In all seriousness, I think this is a good crowd-pleasing addition. Imola is neither my favorite nor my least favorite track, but I think it's good to have as many of the old familiar places in the sim as possible because I think that's the best way to draw big multiplayer crowds.

Personally, I'm more eager to see the "interesting features" or whatever they are calling them. I would be willing to bet one of them is tire compounds (which I think is a sorely needed feature). I would also like to see some of the "iRacing-like" features start to trickle out, but that may be wishful thinking.

I think Raceroom already gave us tracks that other sims don't have within the past few months. I'm happy to see Imola. I'd like to see Brands Hatch GP too. I'm just happy they keep adding more but I would like to see all cars updated with the latest physics and ffb though. But I am just a lowly peasant.

My guess is Imola. A fine track, but not my favorite. Unless they offer the old layout, prior to Senna and Ratzenberger's fatal crashes. It was a lot more fun, but they understandably had to modify Tamburello after what happened in 1994.

If it has to be an Italian track, I would prefer Mugello.

As far as other tracks worth adding, Mosport would be great, considering that RRE has plenty of GT3 cars,. It's a fast track, it's great fun to drive and I'd love to try the Indycar on it.

A little off-topic, but still relevant towards Raceroom. For those of you who don't own the Premium Pack or have all the content on offer at the moment, they have a competition running with the BMW M235i Racing at the Nordschleife VLN Layout. The winner is guaranteed a Premium Pack, the other is randomly drawn from all the entries in the leaderboard.

Check it out if any of you are interested! :)

http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/749/leaderboard

Last edited:
Its not as heavily requested as some of the famous US tracks, but then again they did get brands short because of DTM, why would you do that in the first place without getting the GP licence,we need US tracks which is what might be the incentive for PC2..R3E has the cars for the likes of Sebring/Daytona/Road Alanta and so on, lets be like the brave Brits and move away from Europe..:roflmao:

I would like to see Virginia. My personal favorite.

Imola is a great track and worthy of being in every Sim for me, I've not raced it enough in recent years though must be said.

The lack of Dev Created Aussie Tracks continues to haunt me though, beginning to think the only way they will get licensed will be if an Aussie Developer pipes up from somewhere. As much as I do like seeing any tracks created it's beyond time for some fresh new ones, the modding community does a great job but there's always that something special when it comes direct from a Dev.

As someone fairly new to sim racing, finally a new track i can sink my teeth into. Not interested in new unknown tracks from Sweden, Kazakhstan, Columbia etc (though some are amazing i admit), i want familiar famous tracks. I want a chance to take RREs GT3s out in Daytona, Road America, COTA, Adelaide, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, dont care their on other sims i want them on my favourite sim RRE. Give me a decade racing sims and I'm likely to change my mind, but while things are new i'm attracted to the so called obvious tracks because their new to me still.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%