1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

My Track

Discussion in 'Racer Tracks' started by KS95, Mar 18, 2011.

1. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Hello..

I'm making a track, and I need some help. I'm following the blender tutorial but I've got a problem.

"1. After opening Tracked click on 'Select track' button and enter tut-track, click ok and the screen is all blue. Select splines (F5) and then click 'Import dof' button and enter road.dof. you should now see a bunch of green dots on a blue sky."

Done that, don't see any green dots like in the picture and can't do any of the following instructions. :confused:

Thanks for your help. :)

Edit: Good news, I somehow fixed it.. not a clue how, but now it's working! :)

2. You can find the green dots in tracked better if the sky is black, set it in special.ini file.

When splining the track do not go past s/f at the end or you will get a vicious bump at s/f.

3. Cool KS, somehow the 0.8.32 Tracked seems to have some problems with splines, I've used the 0.8.14 to get a working result.

Good luck, you're gonna need it !

P.S.: I hope Ruud & Co will fix Tracked, lots of crashes & things could be 100% better.

Was thinking, they could get some help from BTB (Bob Track builder) owner, since his editor is one of the most amazing app I've ever seen. In counterpart, Ruud/Mitch could integrate a 'exclusive' BTB logo in Racer, so everyone would know, that tracks are build in a professional manner ! Same goes for shaders, where Nvidia could do the same, building up "quickly" new shaders, & Ruud would have a unique logo from Nvidia in Racer....That sort of deal could give Ruud/Mitch more time to concentrate on physics & dynamics which imo we really need !

Hope they hear me !

4. I have only one problem with 0.8.32 tracked, as I posted previously. All the rest of tracked works quite nicely, thank you.

I tried BTB once and found it sadly lacking, one of the first versions. Perhaps the newer version is better but I still prefer to make tracks with Blender.