My Thruxton project...

I'm not a fan of the current Thruxton circuit that's available for rFactor so have been making my own (the street circuit project around the mean streets of south london is currently on hold haha!)

Something I've learned with BTB is DONT RUSH ANYTHING!

Taking my time with just getting the track layout right has taken days! I havnt really been a 3d modeller since my Amiga days using Imagine! Anyway I'm drifiting off subject here, that main part of this project was to ask some advice with the following points:

• Whats the best way to create small bumps on the circuit?
  • Is there a size limits on textures you can import into BTB/rFactor?
  • Whats the best way to get some basic AI sorted that make a half decent race?
  • How can I adjust startline positions in BTB
Any help on those would be greatly appreciated! :)

ta

Brockers

Hi there,

I can't help with the first one . .

The maximum size for dds files is 4096 in rFactor I think, and they must be to the power of 2, ie 64, 128, 512, 1024 etc

I'd have to recommend my AI guide in the sticky section :wink2:

If you mean positions for the cars, then you have to do that in the AI editor. If you mean track markings, there's a grid marking file in the default XPack that you can overlay onto the track. It's shown in one of the videos on the BTB site, I can't remember which one offhand though.

poor tracks ,then we leave them for you to do, since you think your expert at it.

small bumps are in the video's section on btb website.done for rbr,but works well on rfactor.
Ai will always result in the aiw editor.there a few good tutorials out there.
startline postion can only be adjust by aiw editor, but refence textures can be applied in btb,the most difficult part is getting cars in right position with a right amount of space between them.

Illegal as in they're mostly Codies ports. Nothing to do with the name.

And trust me, if I had the time I would be working on a scratch Knockhill right now. I appreciate people's efforts in maing a track but why bother if it's not any good?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%