My Thrustmaster / Amazon Experience

eSEA One

ESEAone
The following is my Thrustmaster / Amazon Experience. It all started in September 2015 and hopefully a happy ending.
I have been running a G27 set for a few years and had come into some "boys toys " available income. After some deliberation and finding the Fanatec beyond this budget, on the 22nd September I ordered the Thrustmaster TX base and the 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition rim from Amazon.fr (I live in France) for a total of €460 . I had been looking out for it for some time beforehand, unfortunately it said "available soon" September tuned to Dec, then Jan at that point I noticed in my Amazon account that it now told me that delivery was expected Dec 2020!!!
I mediately contacted Amazon and they replied with:
"Following a technical error, the estimated date of delivery of this item in "Your Account" is incorrect. We assure you that we take all necessary steps to correct this error.
The wait continued and I lived my sim life on my trusty G27. I kept on looking at my order but the delivery date was never corrected. Then a bolt from the "Blue"! Amazon had a bundle for the PlayStation version of the TX the "T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition" including the T3PA pedals. for €415. Since I am only on the PC, I had no affiliation to any of the consoles and I also needed a set of pedals as I was going to let my son have the G27 package. Out when the "Green" TX order.
On the 10th Feb I purchased the T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition for €415
Not only cheaper it was available.!
It arrived on Sat. 13th Feb. After un-mounting the G27 kit and replacing it with the T300 Wow! what a difference to the G27, had a grin from ear to ear. Low and behold I only had a short time on it before we had friends over for a lunch, by the time they left late afternoon my mates and the kid had more time on it then I.
I was back on the wheel as soon as they had left and got the placed cleaned up (got to keep the +1 happy)
On the Monday as soon as I was home from work I was back on that smooth suede like Alcantara.
Unfortunately this time when I plugged it in there was a distinctive electrical buzzing coming from the left side (transformer) I then contacted Thrustmaster directly through there support page. there was the usual automatic conformation email and then the flowing day I got the following:

We begin by thanking you for your interest in our products and apologizing for the inconvenience.

As the issue you are describing is not a very common one, we would like a video recording in which we can hear the buzzing noise you are referring to.

I made the recording and sent this
Dear TM
Thanks for your quick responce to my query.Apologies for my slow reply, work and trying to find a bit of quiet time in the the house to do the recording did not help. The first attempt I did there was a horrendous metallic clattering at the wheels calibration time, I realised it was not the wheel but my son putting away the cutlery ;) I certainly was not going to post that recording.
This morning I have now made a clean one when the household was still asleep!
Unfortunately I am having problems uploading to your cloud , (server connection timed out) I have it in my Google Drive where you can access the file with the following link https://goo.gl/photos/hXeez2bmNFi9vatg9 I will continue to try and upload it to your cloud service.

• I have also measured the decibel level and the buzzing is at around 56dB to 57dB and when the wheel is off the sound level is around 41dB to 43dB ( Computer fans)
  • I also notice that during calibration the wheel hits the right stop much harder then the left stop! to me this is not how it should be.
Other than theses two points I am very happy with this product, the feel of the FFB is a huge step up from my Logitech G27

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter
Regards

Shortly after they replied with :

After having watched your video, we have decided that an RMA procedure will have to be initiated for your wheel's base (if the product was not purchased as a second hand item) so that we can investigate the buzzing noise.
Be aware though, that the wheel's calibration appears to be normal.

Well after a bit of delay on my part , not giving all the info requested, I received RMA form for shipping. The base has been packed up and is on its way back to TM.

Well I could put the G27 back but I have decided not too. Need to spend time to do more work on some textures and graphics for AC! I don't think anyone has spotted my name in the credits ;)
More to follow!....

Last edited:
Hello there!

I am still on my logitech g25 ever since gt5 got out, been playing quite a lot - although a bit less often lately, fairly happy with it, but it's been a long time since I did something for myself, so I thought I'd give me the 'new wheel' treatment. I was almost ready to buy the t300rs and thought I'd ask here if it's worth the upgrade, but now I am discouraged by this thread - I can't image me being in Greece having to send this back and forth - does thrustmaster cover shipping expenses? Let alone I tend to get anxious and angry by exchanges of this kind...

Have you received your wheel back? I wonder how common these issues are..
Not sure how easy it is to ship from/to Greece and Canada/France/US (wherever TM's service is located), but I was lucky my sister traveled to the US recently, so I had the chance to send my wheelbase from Asia (will be sent via UPS to Canada). It was nice when it worked (nicer than my G27), but mine only lasted 2 weeks before getting calibration issues. So in the meantime, I'm back to my G27.

Not sure about statistics, but you'll find many reported issues. But take it also that usually, it's those with issues that post, and rarely those who don't have issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello there!

I am still on my logitech g25 ever since gt5 got out, been playing quite a lot - although a bit less often lately, fairly happy with it, but it's been a long time since I did something for myself, so I thought I'd give me the 'new wheel' treatment. I was almost ready to buy the t300rs and thought I'd ask here if it's worth the upgrade, but now I am discouraged by this thread - I can't image me being in Greece having to send this back and forth - does thrustmaster cover shipping expenses? Let alone I tend to get anxious and angry by exchanges of this kind...

Have you received your wheel back? I wonder how common these issues are..
Sorry I have not been on RD for some time. I did receive my wheel and it has been working fine since it was returned mid May

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years