My story with this game...and some more :)

First i want to apologize if i make you bored or anything like this, but i want to share my story with this game and sim racing generally and maybe help someone to have as much fun as i have with it after all.
Im 44 yrs old and my generation, i believe, is the generation that had to go from real life gaming to pc - console gaming. It is great to see all the evolution from the start, up to this point, and who knows what the future is holding for us.
To the point now, i really enjoying driving in real life and sim racing. I started with grad turismo and F1 series and never thought that i could drive simulations like AC, rFactor, R3E etc etc. It was very hard for me or at least i thought it was cause i never keep on trying. I liked the safety of traction control and stability...and winning hahaha.
Until the point that i got bored of easy winning and it was two ways out of this, stop playing or find other challenges. And i really like playing so i start playing AC with no assists and with new way of thinking. Its just a game.
It was hard, i have to admit and frustrating, i was the Ayrton Senna of my world with traction control and some extra grip mods :D and i couldn't complete a fast lap with out spinning.... G27 is very durable wheel by the way, it can take a few punches..... :p.
Slowly i was able to make good progress and i was satisfied with my offline gaming. I liked the physics of AC and rFactor2, i was expecting more from Pcars. But my favorite game was R3E for the only reason that i love the sounds, it was great but the prices seemed so high and i just drove the free content. And never online, too scared of my times and track behavior.
I started to buy one car from each class and the DTM 14/15, cause i really enjoying myself with this game. Finally i had almost everything i need to race. I played at 90 AI difficulty, i couldnt go anymore and then i realize that i had to try online racing. That was the changing point of my driving experience, i had a lot of great races, most of them loses but i didnt care cause the fun and the excitement was above winning. But because of some kids that enjoying only to destroy other peoples races and the fact that i had not many online friends to do nice clean races, i return to offline racing. I realise that i was able to play at 105/110 AI difficulty and i could keep up and had nice fights. That was great for me, great rewarding for my ego...
And then i made the best move, i become premium member of race department. At the beginning i was thoughtful about joining the races, but after reading the comments and seeing that the guys having fun i sign up for the first race, i couldnt make it cause i didnt have teamspeak :D. I manage to solve that issue, even if its not necessary, its a must. And entered my first race.... That was a blast, DTM92 at laguna seca, great race, great guys, great time!!! And after that i had a couple more races and it was even better. No matter the position i finish, after the race i have a nice smile on my face and I will keep racing with you guys as long as you want me :D.
I want to thank you all for giving me a nice way out of my boring unemployment life :D, at least for a few hours.
Sorry for this big message, its my first try to wright something this big to this forum, excuse my writing im Greek but im trying lol. I had the need to share my feelings with you and as in life i always do that. I hope this could help someone to have more fun.
Have fun, dont give up, and keep racing.
Thank you

Ta Agglika sou einai polu kala, mhn anhsuxeis. Glad you're enjoying it here at RaceDepartment! It's all about the fun here, not where you finish, so you have the perfect attitude.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back