1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

My Son will take over soon.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

He is enjoying racing, only wants to play racing games and he is just over 2 years. My practice sessions have gone down since he wants to be on the wheel all the time :D

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Yeah I gave my lil brother a go at WTCC @ Brands Indy, he has got potential! :D

Nice vid!

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Very nice and cute Abdul.
    Your son may end up racing with my grandson, similar ages, and he seemed keen on my SimRacing over the Christmas break.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Breed community breed :) Great video Abdul :) Love the way he is countersteering already. Hamilton beware!

5. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I swear he did a heel'n toe there! :D

Nice vid :)

6. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Thanks guys. They grow fast, soon they will be the new RDers. Bram that countersteer he has is fun to watch. He knows the words "Stay on track" as thats what I use to get him focused.

7. Who is good already for his age. He is gentle on the steering and knows what to do. Impressed. :)

8. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I am amazed how big the actually small G25 seems there :)

9. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

So cute :). It seems Junior Ahmed will be a tough challenge in future ;)

10. Shoot ... He is even better driving openwheelers than some of my friends when they're visiting - omg!
    - You gotta get him karting soon! :)

11. Very cool! Does that steering wheel have any buttons for you to map the gas and brake to? Once you do that he should have the basics down... remember, the younger you are, the easier it is to learn...

12. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Update

Been getting him focused on racing with other cars on track these days. Got punted at the end with the car behind.

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

RD Junior Programme... Love it :)

14. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Thanks Bram. Looking at options to buy a gokart and taking him on track. This is where its get expensive now lol

15. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Nice setup, starting him young eh Abdul, good Idea mate, give it another year or two and he will want his own wheel :D

16. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Stop sharing those videos Abdul, you make me feel ashamed of myself :D.

Go-kart idea is cool i hope (i'm sure actually) he will be succesful

17. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Now he is actually serious! Most young drivers like to wreck. Nice that he takes it seriously. :) And he is good, he only needs to learn the tracks. And best of all, he got respect of the other drivers. Look into 1st braking 0:35. He is looking like he got respect. Gold Medal! And also, in the end where he saying: What that come from? That is cute.. :rolleyes:

18. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

he tried to horn when he almost got pushed off the track at the end of his first lap :)

good driving at his age, wonder who his teacher is haha :D

thanks Abdul for sharing!

19. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Yeh that would be my 5 year old son.

My 1 year old daughter keeps it on track better than he can lol

He did do a lap at Brianza on his own though, including pedals. Not let him have a go in ages because of his 'wrecking'. Might get him back into now 'cause of you Ads lol

20. Is it just me or did you son try and use the horn at 1:55 because someone bumped him?