My return to rFactor 2

Today I decided to install rF2 again after many months of not having touched it. Back when it was still ISI I wasn't impressed by the product, I found the AI terrible and the graphics were lacking.

The RD Le Mans series sparked my interest again. I always enjoyed the Enduracers mod and knowing Studio 397 had supposedly improved the game a lot I decided to give it a go. So I installed the game, set everything up and downloaded a few mods along some official content from Studio 397

After setting up my wheel, configuring buttons and what not and playing around on a few tracks with different mod. I got into the Enduracers GTE Porsche, loaded up Silverstone with 43 AI from all classes. The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the AI. The prototypes wizzed past me, while they usually got stuck behind you even on straights. This gave me good hope.

After some practice (probably way off pace with most of you guys here) I went into a 40 min race on Silverstone and good god. Those 40 mins flew past and it was the most fun I've had with an offline race in a long time. Despite racing near the back of the pack I managed to be competitive with the AI. And learned about dirty air and going off line the hard way. I managed to fight back and noticed something else. The AI aren't perfect, the sometimes make small mistakes and I saw the occassional going wide and a spin or two.

Studio 397 is doing a fantastic job with this sim. And it quickly kicked Assetto Corsa of 2nd place in my "best sims" list (Automobilista still on top), but if they keep going like this and get a more cohesive product it will no doubt top my list.

It also sparked my interest in hopefully getting a premium membership here soon and make use of the 90 min private driving course. As I am currently all over the place. (I don't get how you guys get around so many different tracks so quick, learning a new track is hard)

If you guys know of some must have mods I should try, let me know! Sorry for my ramble. Just wanted to share my story and let Studio 397 know they are doing a great job.

TLDR: Studio 397 is doing a kick-ass job, if you dismissed rF2 back when ISI did everything. Give it a try again now. It's been improved a lot!

S397 have not touched AI, the only thing I think is the mod for endurance mod has been updated accounting for them now behaving correctly.

Since inception this mod was more geared toward club racing as opposed to offline Ai

Ironically Ams is terrible for multiclass and does not work with Ai

Welcome back

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%