F1 2010 My racing stand

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone. I notice that quite a bit of users on here use a wheel, so I thought I would post my racing stand that i built. Plus I am sure some people on here would think it's cool.

Key points:
I based it off of this, though my sizes were change the main concept was driven from this.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/456655.aspx
- can adjust the stand from the lowest setting (setting in my racing chair), medium setting (sitting on the couch), and highest setting (setting in a dinning room chair).
- the pedals can be adjusted by moving the locking pegs for the different seating positions and leg lengths.
- the flat "hood" piece can be removed for giggles.
- It can fold up and stand upright with the steering wheel attached, also the pegs hold the pedals in place as well.
- cost me $50 in materials (and some spare wood)
- I airbrushed the racking stripes and the Xbox logo

Father in-law testing out before painting and tweaking it:

Thats class, good job!! My setup consists of a 5 quid idea 'Lack' table, a subwoofer to stop the pedals from moving and a couple of bowls to raise one side of the table so i can get my legs under. No money spared here!!

LOL Chris that rules man!! Well i used to be on one of those $19.99 (for the set) wooden tv dinner tables. I broke all 3 of them withe the force feedback and vibration.. I also tried the strap the steering wheel to my legs deal till I had to get up. lol

I like it because with me at least I can feel with the front slides free, if the force feedback gets pudgy or soft (in a turn) i have now broke free and under-steering. Not much for the rear end getting loose other than listening to revs, revs jump up my wheels are spinning (that and now I am looking at oncoming traffic at 80+ mph. lol)

Nah not really. I started off from the word go with no FF so its natural to me. Tried FF the other night and thought it was weird :)

Decided to invest in a new desk along with my new wheel - this desk I have now is unnecessarily large and is taking up way too much room - the new one is one of those compact workstations with a space for everything like keyboards, printer, system unit etc. My question is: if the desk isn't too thick, would I be better off using a lower amount (or no) FF to avoid breaking it? I think it's around 15mm, but I'm not sure. Mind you, my old desk isn't much thicker than that and it's got a hell of a lot of stuff on it - a very heavy system unit, along with monitor and printer.

Your the only one that can tell whether your new desk will take it or not really. If its fairly sturdy it shouldnt be a problem. I sort of dont use FF in order to try and increase the life time of my wheel as i was thinking it would be less stress on the components (as well as the table). I dont really feel that im missing out as ive got so used to no FF and yet i still love driving with the wheel and still feels a very genuine experiance. I dont find the understeer/oversteer lack of feel a problem when not using FF, i think i can manage it just as well as someone that does use FF.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back