1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

My racing stand

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by tragik, Jan 11, 2011.

1. tragik

tragik

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone. I notice that quite a bit of users on here use a wheel, so I thought I would post my racing stand that i built. Plus I am sure some people on here would think it's cool.

Key points:
    I based it off of this, though my sizes were change the main concept was driven from this.
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/456655.aspx
    - can adjust the stand from the lowest setting (setting in my racing chair), medium setting (sitting on the couch), and highest setting (setting in a dinning room chair).
    - the pedals can be adjusted by moving the locking pegs for the different seating positions and leg lengths.
    - the flat "hood" piece can be removed for giggles.
    - It can fold up and stand upright with the steering wheel attached, also the pegs hold the pedals in place as well.
    - cost me $50 in materials (and some spare wood)
    - I airbrushed the racking stripes and the Xbox logo

Father in-law testing out before painting and tweaking it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Good job that, you must be really satisfied!

Thinking along similar lines myself.

3. Chris Rees

Chris Rees

Ratings:
    +132
    Thats class, good job!! My setup consists of a 5 quid idea 'Lack' table, a subwoofer to stop the pedals from moving and a couple of bowls to raise one side of the table so i can get my legs under. No money spared here!!

4. tragik

tragik

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL Chris that rules man!! Well i used to be on one of those $19.99 (for the set) wooden tv dinner tables. I broke all 3 of them withe the force feedback and vibration.. I also tried the strap the steering wheel to my legs deal till I had to get up. lol

5. Chris Rees

Chris Rees

Ratings:
    +132
    Strap to your legs lol. i like it!! Yeh i dont use force feedback for the exact reasons you pointed out.

6. tragik

tragik

Ratings:
    +0
    no force feed back? oh man I tried that once and talk about all over the road.. Would take some serious getting 'use to'.

7. Chris Rees

Chris Rees

Ratings:
    +132
    Nah not really. I started off from the word go with no FF so its natural to me. Tried FF the other night and thought it was weird :)

8. tragik

tragik

Ratings:
    +0
    I like it because with me at least I can feel with the front slides free, if the force feedback gets pudgy or soft (in a turn) i have now broke free and under-steering. Not much for the rear end getting loose other than listening to revs, revs jump up my wheels are spinning (that and now I am looking at oncoming traffic at 80+ mph. lol)

9. F1 2011 Rocks!

F1 2011 Rocks!

Ratings:
    +6
    Decided to invest in a new desk along with my new wheel - this desk I have now is unnecessarily large and is taking up way too much room - the new one is one of those compact workstations with a space for everything like keyboards, printer, system unit etc. My question is: if the desk isn't too thick, would I be better off using a lower amount (or no) FF to avoid breaking it? I think it's around 15mm, but I'm not sure. Mind you, my old desk isn't much thicker than that and it's got a hell of a lot of stuff on it - a very heavy system unit, along with monitor and printer.

10. Chris Rees

Chris Rees

Ratings:
    +132
    Your the only one that can tell whether your new desk will take it or not really. If its fairly sturdy it shouldnt be a problem. I sort of dont use FF in order to try and increase the life time of my wheel as i was thinking it would be less stress on the components (as well as the table). I dont really feel that im missing out as ive got so used to no FF and yet i still love driving with the wheel and still feels a very genuine experiance. I dont find the understeer/oversteer lack of feel a problem when not using FF, i think i can manage it just as well as someone that does use FF.

11. F1 2011 Rocks!

F1 2011 Rocks!

Ratings:
    +6
    OK, thanks for that. I reckon I'll start with no FF as well then - it's my first wheel, so like you, I shouldn't notice the difference.