My Problems

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
As you know guys, I had some big lag issues tonight

So you my ask, what am I going to do about it going forwards?

I used to be on "talktalk" many moons ago, no issues whatsoever:) , then I switched to Plusnet pro, a supposedly superior gaming based extra low lag service, with no issues whatsoever:)...but it was limited to 10GB per month, which was fine until I got one of these fancy new TV's with BBC iPlayer built in, I started going over my limit due to watching lots of TV on demand so I switched to Plusnet Extra which gives me 60GB's per month but not with priority traffic and low latency like the Pro service did

This switch hasn't worked out well, I struggle to watch the iPlayer at peak times (......buffering:( ) and I've noticed slower internet and more occurrences of lag when racing

To add to this I had an issue with the laptop connecting to my wifi last week, I managed to fix it by re-installing the wireless adapter with a different driver, my m8 Dave (who you may know as.. mrd1000_bhp) thinks it could be a problem with the router not the laptop and suggested I get a new one, my current router is only b-g rated (gaming PC is hard wired in:) ) and a new b-g-n rated router is around £70

So I decided to kill two birds and switch my service to BT which gets me 40GB's per month, a new n rated router for free and it's £10 per month cheaper, and I get to use the BT openzone hotspots on my phone:)

It won't be hooked up until the 10th of April tho

Just didn't want you guys to think I'm just sitting on my arse hoping it will get better:)

Jim

Your lag was worst in the beginning. It got better and better. The last four of our laps or so the car's movement was almost smooth on my screen.
Good to hear that you will get a stable network connection. I run the telly on the same copper cable as the IP connection. I'm surprised it works. The four lead, tiny phone cable to the house was buried in 1978:)

i noticed during the practice session that you were lagging a lot , i think you mentioned that i was lagging as well but i can tell you Jim that i have 120GB per month and still not enough to run all the gudgets i have in the house :mad::)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back