My new racing set up.

Here's my brand spanking new racing set-up i've just purchased. Now I'm stoney broke, still crap, but thoroughly enjoying myself.

My racing set-up.jpg

cheers guys, had SUM help from a guy @Steven Walker, he seems to no a bit of this kind of stuff :laugh:..no seriously.had loads of help from steve,he,s my best mate of over 40 yrs and a great bloke aswell..:);):thumbsup:.he will help any1 out with a problem if he can do so.

P.S..i,ve deliberatley left punctuation faults,cos i no it will do is head in.:laugh::roflmao::laugh::roflmao::laugh::whistling::p;):)..

Last edited:
ive got some special cream that needs applying always looking for helpers @Steven Walker

But on a serious note glad your enjoying yourself Allan it contagious when guys have a good time.
you have given us all a smile with your humour as well as Steven to gtl in the short time you have been with us...
T/speak is the place to be on race night

thank you and long may it last :)

Last edited:
Very, very nice lookin setup Allan! I read great things about that wheel, and there's just no substitute for screen megapixels!:thumbsup: Plus, Lucky Number Slevin wasn't a bad movie at all IIRC:D
Now you can start playing around with FOV until you find the most natural feeling. Because really, the right FOV setting makes a world of difference for immersion. Or just ask Steven;)

@Jim Brailsford Yes, you may very well be the only one;):roflmao:.
No, just kidding but I've used various different multi-monitor layouts in the past and TBH could never be bothered with bezel correction. I found it to be more of a hindrance than an improvement in all cases; taking my time to carefully adjust monitors positions worked better for me.
Depends a lot on personal preference, and your driving FOV and camera view of course.

Also, when using bezel correction, any graphics (including text or visual detail) isn't drawn at all and the resolution is reduced accordingly. If you're happy to not miss out on anything that would fall behind the bezel then use the correction method. It's up to you Jim, whatever you prefer.:)

P.S. If you want to see exactly what I'm taking about then simply open a text file up with notepad (or something like that) and move it so that it overlaps two of your monitors. Now try viewing with and without bezel correction.:thumbsup:

Also, when using bezel correction, any graphics (including text or visual detail) isn't drawn at all and the resolution is reduced accordingly. If you're happy to not miss out on anything that would fall behind the bezel then use the correction method. It's up to you Jim, whatever you prefer.:)

P.S. If you want to see exactly what I'm taking about then simply open a text file up with notepad (or something like that) and move it so that it overlaps two of your monitors. Now try viewing with and without bezel correction.:thumbsup:

Thanks Steven, on nvidia, they let you line up the road markings on the screen to get the correct bezel resolution, would that be the same as the note pad method?

Thanks Steven, on nvidia, they let you line up the road markings on the screen to get the correct bezel resolution, would that be the same as the note pad method?

i think Steve means that with bezel correction you cant read text on documents that span more than 1 screen- i just resize windows so that they fit one to each screen within the bezels, in GTL i have to use xd because my bezels cover lap times on the in game timing screen! I also have a problem with ingame chat and setups saving as on triple screen the windows for these are spread across all three screens - chat I ask what word it was if I cant work it out - setups I have got used to having a set length 'description' piece of text at the start of the name so I can see which setup it is from the second part. I've found it is frustrating sometimes when text 'hides' in the bezel but i still prefer to use it so things line up.

Edit - forgot to say Alan - very nice setup I'm on 3 x 19 inch monitors (4504 x 900) and a G25 - 24's and that wheel would be awesome, but I think my PC and graphics card would need upgrading to run 24 inch monitors!

Older games did not cater for 3 screen fully so it's a flip of a coin do i want to read all text and characters or have a little bit of offset in game. You soon get used to it in game, but its all down to personal taste, trial and error which one suits you the best. Newer games do it much better with 3 screens by only using the center screen until you get on track. just one of the things in gtl gtr2 etc

Both Dave and Rupe are correct and as I said earlier the choice is yours which way you decide to go. I mentioned the "notepad method" to illustrate exactly what and how much would be hidden from you if you were to use bezel correction.You could just as easily have used your web browser to get the same result.;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%