My motion sim upgrade

I recently upgraded my Next Level V2 motion to the V3. It has sound insulation so is a bit quieter and also the positional sensors via the encoder is more precise now so slower movements and bumps feel better and smoother. Anyway for anyone maybe interested I am linking a mini review I have done. The vid show Project Cars but I am mostly racing in RRRE now that VR has been implemented and it is really good. The motion goes so well in VR and is hard now to race without it. cheers :) Be great to get a thumbs up if you like the vid, thanks.

Last edited:
The way I read it, the V3 can take the weight of a seat plus a person weighing 130 Kg. Not the combined weight of a seat and person totalling 130 Kg.

Does anyone who owns a V3 have dimensions for the Steel Side Panels?
Steel side panels dimensions : Approx 135mm high, 350mm length measured along the top of panel and 460mm length measured along bottom of panel.

I think you are correct re weight however it is probably based on a regular type bucket seat not something like the GS-4. My GTultimate2 seat is a fibreglass bucket with foam cushioning and 2 metal slide rails, so it feels pretty light for is size.

Upvote 0
Yeah Hoi the VR Headway software is built into the Platform Manager software and you can toggle it on & off and set it per game title. I have it turned off as I have got used to just having view locked to horizon which I prefer. But I have not really tinkered with it so cannot tell much at all about it.

Upvote 0
After reading the comments here and doing some more investigation work I have order the V3 today. Seems perfect for my situation with limited space. Thanks for everyone's input, I'll report back when I have a chance to test it. Any setup tips from owners?

Upvote 0
It is pretty straight forward generally speaking Neil. The tricky part is getting the seat on and lined up properly depending on the rig you are mounting to. Get everything as level as you can, spirit level is handy and then you will need a second pair of hands when you put the seat on top and bolt it down. When you first turn on it does a very short calibration routine, barely perceptible on the V3. Download the platform manager software if you haven't already, in fact ask for the link from Next Level so you have it installed ready to go. Once you are running just try the default settings and then if you are like most users you will turn them down a few notches in intensity according to preference. Any question don't hesitate to ask, just my time diff is about 10 hours ahead here in Aussie from the U.K. PM me for any specific details you need.

Upvote 0
It is pretty straight forward generally speaking Neil. The tricky part is getting the seat on and lined up properly depending on the rig you are mounting to. Get everything as level as you can, spirit level is handy and then you will need a second pair of hands when you put the seat on top and bolt it down. When you first turn on it does a very short calibration routine, barely perceptible on the V3. Download the platform manager software if you haven't already, in fact ask for the link from Next Level so you have it installed ready to go. Once you are running just try the default settings and then if you are like most users you will turn them down a few notches in intensity according to preference. Any question don't hesitate to ask, just my time diff is about 10 hours ahead here in Aussie from the U.K. PM me for any specific details you need.
Thanks Blanes! The distance between the runners on my current seat is different to seat mounting holes on the V3 so I'm going to use the existing plate that my seat is currently mounted to and drill new holes the required distance apart. So hoping a second pair of hands will not be needed. The only unknowns at present are how I will mount the front part of my existing rig to the V3 or whether I will mount the V3 to my existing rig without using the the Steel Side Panels.

Upvote 0
Bought one yesterday at overclockers.co.uk.

On their website the next level motion V3 was in stock for immediate delivery. Even though i was on the edge of the weight limit, i decided to take the gamble. Than paypal screwed me with their exchange rate, which you can only see after you have completed the transaction. This cost me a 100 euro extra.:mad:

I thought, what the heck, i'm still gonna have my motion solution this week.

Then this morning i checked my order. It wasn't shipped and was still on processing. :(

So i called overclockers.co.uk and they gave me an undetermined delivery time. I cancelled the order. Pagian has stock, but at the cost of an other 250 pounds:thumbsdown:

Then i realised something else: 3 days ago i mailed next level motion, making inquiries before purchase. They never got back to me and this leaves the question how well will they respond if i have a serious issue?

I guess for now, it just not in the cards for me.

Maybe a next level motion V4 at the end of the year.

Upvote 0
hey Hoi, sorry to hear the problems but I think your question re mounting a GS-4 seat is not exactly a standard one due to its size & weight. I would be concerned about the balance of it in getting the motion to behave as designed and there could be other factors, I am just speculating.

My best guess is the Next Level guys would have to forward your question onto the manufacturer, which is motionsystemseu, located in Poland, and it is perhaps not as straight forward as you might imagine. I guess they should have told you something by now but in your case it would probably be better to wait and hear back from them before ordering anyway.

Upvote 0
Sorry @HoiHman I think I must have got the last one from Overclockers! I gave up trying to perfect fitting the V3 into my own DIY rig so decided to buy the GT Ultimate V2 Cockpit from next level and finally got it all set up today. Makes a huge difference to the immersion especially when playing in VR. VR + motion just makes a sim come alive. Have just spent the past hour in Assetto Corsa in a 911GT3 around Spa and had so much fun. It give you such an appreciation for the forces acting on the car and in particular how bumpy circuits can be. Very happy with my purchases.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it worked out well Neil. If you have RaceRoom RE try the DTM's around that version of Spa as the bump mapping is particularly good in RRRE and that car track combo is huge fun in vr with motion !

Upvote 0
Always found these an interesting if still quite expensive option.

More videos of this in action from you owners would be great to see. Also the software, making changes etc to settings, copying, saving profiles. It seems modern, simple to use and fresh unlike Sim Commander 4. How does it compare to SimTools that other d.i.y motion users run?

Lastly if I may ask, are Simvibe effects, still felt as present or are they less noticeable with the energy coming from the motion?

Upvote 0
Tactile is still 100% there for the feeling. From what ive seen the Software is rather basic with a few sliders and that's about it. FAR from what Simtools is capable of (1-12DoF, Video rider/creator, Plugins that can be built by the community, Game Dash, Game Vibe (wip), Remote profiling ect ect ect.)

Sc4....lol

Upvote 0
@Brian Himmelman - hey mate how is your v3 going ? I have been having a blast with mine lately racing VR in pC2 beta which btw is looking and feeling incredible to drive. Physics & FFB standout as massive improvement from original pCars plus the sound system is totally new and rivals R3E.

Very keen to know your v3 imoressions after a month or so. Cheers mark b.

Upvote 0
@Brian Himmelman - hey mate how is your v3 going ? I have been having a blast with mine lately racing VR in pC2 beta which btw is looking and feeling incredible to drive. Physics & FFB standout as massive improvement from original pCars plus the sound system is totally new and rivals R3E.

Very keen to know your v3 imoressions after a month or so. Cheers mark b.
I love my V3 is bring every sim to life !! Can't wait for PC2, how is VR frame rate? Great to hear sound in top notch ... Rfactor2 feels most real to me so you think PC2 has closed the gap? Are you able to drive the new

Upvote 0
As you would appreciate is still beta but vr looks & runs great on my rig. My goto racesim has been R3E of late and I also went back to rF2 after vr update but had some trouble and felt giddy/nausea I think due to no horizon or world movement lock. I need to drive it again to properly compare but man pC2 really did surprise me just how good the feeling in the car of tires + suspension felt on few cars that must be near complete. The FFB is also hugely improved and felt fantastic from my perspective using the Accuforce so overall I cannot see how they could botch it this time around.

Glad to hear you are loving the motion, I have about 250 hours or so on mine now, it actually feels better as it wears in more.

ps. Search a youtube video from McLaren test driver Chris who helped with physics of new 720S in pC2. I have been screaming around the Ring in it (which btw has been laser scanned and redone) and holy flock mate that car is a rocket and hell fun in motion !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you would appreciate is still beta but vr looks & runs great on my rig. My goto racesim has been R3E of late and I also went back to rF2 after vr update but had some trouble and felt giddy/nausea I think due to no horizon or world movement lock. I need to drive it again to properly compare but man pC2 really did surprise me just how good the feeling in the car of tires + suspension felt on few cars that must be near complete. The FFB is also hugely improved and felt fantastic from my perspective using the Accuforce so overall I cannot see how they could botch it this time around.

Glad to hear you are loving the motion, I have about 250 hours or so on mine now, it actually feels better as it wears in more.

ps. Search a youtube video from McLaren test driver Chris who helped with physics of new 720S in pC2. I have been screaming around the Ring in it (which btw has been laser scanned and redone) and holy flock mate that car is a rocket and hell fun in motion !
I use an Accuforce as well so that is great news on the FFB ... Hopeful Rfactor2 can continue to improve ... love to see consolidation of studio talent to make 3 super sims !!! Cheers

Upvote 0
I tried the new beta of RF2 and just couldn't get into it like I have with the others. I feel that there is so much to choose from nowadays that it's hard to feel like you can commit to anything. I have uninstalled PC1, RF2 and RBR for now. I have settled on AC, R3E and AMS for titles I am actually going to try and make use of. iRacing eventually for some more organised stuff once my skill improves. DR an the upcoming Dirt 4 for the offroad stuff.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing