My Modified GT Omega Rig

I have had a GT Omega rig for about a year now and have made quite a few mods to it. It is a very good pre built rig as a base for further modification. I have kept a sort of diary about the things I have done to it and thought I might post it here for others to see. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

So here is the start of my diary dating back to April 2012:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently bought a GT Omega Racing Cockpit but I couldn't get comfortable using my G25 pedals in the default position on it. So I thought I would try and invert / reverse mount them. I am certainly not a craftsman and this was very much a ghetto mod but I am very pleased with the results.

I used scrap wood that was destined for the fire to build a backing to mount the pedals to. I cut two legs from an old table and screwed them to the pedal base of the GT Omega using the two mounting slots. As luck would have it (or perhaps the GT Omega guys designed it that way) this gave me a very nice angle.

I then screwed a rectangular piece of wood to the two table legs. From this point I attached the pedals. I also drilled a hole for each of the pedals cables to come through from behind.

Next I drilled a hole through each of the table legs and put a screw through them in order for me to tie a rope to the base which I attached to the metal frame for extra stability.

It works really well and is very solid. And very ghetto!

I plan on dissembling it all to paint the wood black so if you would like any additional photos I can take them for you.

DSCN3193.jpg

DSCN3197.jpg
DSCN3208.jpg
DSCN3219.jpg
DSCN3220.jpg

just some more searching around untill i get my shifter, looks like the act labs usb adaptor will work a treat with the 156 selespeed, they also have a diagram on how to connect up buttons so i'm set, i knew i kept the act labs shifter for a reason, now if i can use both its going to be awesome, just connect up the one i want and go.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back