DiRT Rally My issues with tarmacs grip.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Tarmac ( I haven't rallied on tarmac, gravel yes.) but for me feels all off. its just too twitchy almost like its got f1 like downforce and grip!?! You try counter steering a slide and I just end up over compensating by the snappy flick the grip seems to have and spin the other way. Tyres don't seem to slide they just constantly giving grip theres no give in them.

Temps impact mod does make it feel better but its only so much a ffb modder can take DR, sorry CM you have to finish what you've started here guys. Gravel feels good and your on to something there, but tarmac for me is a little (gonna say) it arcade feeling).

UPDATE: actually having played a bit more tonight ill think ill retract my scale statement, I think gravel is pretty much spot on, and tarmac im not sure its the grip maybe the way the wheel turns the wheel to sharply. Having turned down the linearity to -2 on tarmac on a t300 felt quite cool actually, So maybe the problem lies there, the steering inputs rather than grip scale?!

Last edited:
ive been messing around to red the snappy steering/grip on the cars. Has anyone tried a steering linearity of -3 or -2?

Felt much better for me.

They really need to take the arms away and have a visual lock match your wheel.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%