1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first track...

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by arkanoid, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Hi, I'm new, my name is Davide and I recently discovered rFactor.
    So, after spending some time leaning the handling response I used it to learn a track I ran on in april, I admit that the simulation is really impressive compared to the real driven track.
    So I decided to start with a project I think about since a couple of years. Near my town there is a minor military airport, hopefully (for my target!) it could eventually go into dismission in the next 10 years or so.
    My hope is to create a solid project, more than an idea, to put forward at the time to try to gather more and more consensus about the possibility to transform it in a race track.
    Starting from google earth image, I designed a track using BTB and it's xPacks (thanks to the developers!).
    Currently, the track is set quite completely, except for some issues I have no idea to solve.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1J28PSL2

- Starting grid: I read about the use of zero-height walls as starting spots...but I'm searching for an alternative
    - AI: pitlane and single boxes control, position of the opponents on the starting grid
    - How to control the lights (pit entrance and exit, possible combinations of start/end line lights)
    - Timing!! I cannot obtain timing.

So, please, try the track and suggest me any kind of improvement. Consider that one part is a bit "naked", I'm trying to find something like plane hangars to create the real appearance it would have, also with the control tower.
    I tried the demo of 3dS Max a bit but I abandoned, too complex without lessons.

[​IMG]

2. For 3d objects try Anim8or, which is free. One of the good things about this is that if you want to make a simple object, it's easy to use.

It can export in 3ds format, which XPacker can convert into the BTB format.