My fantasy rig (for now)

After seeing so many threads of alu-rigs i decided to give it a crack myself.

3D program: Google Sketchup (dead easy, pretty much all the parts exist as 3d models)
Renderer: Keyshot 3 (looks SICK)

Parts used:
80/20 on Ebay
45x45mm is the only pieces used for now, just started.

(wood is just to get some nice contrast)

As you can see it´s just the start, materials used for the looks are some wood and Titanium.

Will update when there´s progress, still haven´t decided on a few things.

From DemonTweeks¬
"Due to its very thin and light construction this seat needs to be used in a vehicle where the seat can be supported high up on the sides and at the headrest. This can be either from the vehicle itself, if it has a roll bar and bulkhead, or from a custome made metal support frame."

Perhaps the rig needs a bar holding the seat up because we wouldn't want it to break! And perhaps the swivelling keyboard/mouse tray could be attached to that :p a possible solution :)

Upvote 0
I plan on using a bar sticking out the back as seen on the image from the guy who have the seat and he told me he would bolt the seat into the side support so i plan to do that as well.
Should be rock solid after that :)
-

Fixed some VESA mounts now as well. 100x100mm

1715087802ca0547c5079df85dd3029dd72e7cf3.jpg

1715087768aabf8fff141fc26fa33be458beff8b.jpg

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Legal obligations? Are you thinking about selling the plans or something to this rig?

Upvote 0
Legal obligations? Are you thinking about selling the plans or something to this rig?
I´ve got some plans to maybe create a small company that only focuses on designing completely custom rigs for people, then they can buy it wherever they like.

But it wasn´t that. It´s that i have Derek Speare´s products on my rig, extremely sensitive information, especially the pedals which are not out yet and it´s for those things i have legal obligations i must follow.

Having two files, one with and one without the parts and at the same time modifying the rig is too much work so i´ll just stop sharing the rig from now on and maybe when i´m completely finished i can separate the two again.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back