My experience with the Dorsche 99I pay mod

Last night, I paid €5 for the Dorsche 99I mod. That five euros would have been better spent on anything else.

On my first races with it, the car's unrealistic stability made me repeatedly exit the race to check the assists had not come on by accident. The car grips to the road in a similar style to Need for Speed's and Burnout's cars. I am able to turn hard while accelerating hard; spinning out/losing control on a corner takes real effort.

If this wasn't a pay mod, I wouldn't be too bothered. I'd have just deleted it and got on with things. But it cost this sucker five euros. Let's call it a learning experience.

I have the URD mods for both AC and RF2 and find their work to be really good quality and well worth the relatively small price. Even when I choose to drive one of the Kunos cars I like having the URD cars available to fill out the field as it really adds to the immersion for me.

I also think it is worth paying something just to know that the mods will be updated when Kunos changes AC. There are a whole bunch of good free AC mods that are now effectively useless as they are not being updated any more.

Well the dev has certainly been working hard on updates for this car and its now up to version 1.2.1

- New Suspension Geometry
- New Damper and Springs
- Revised Engine Data
- Revised Gear Box
- New Aero Data
- Optimized LODs
- New Shaders for Rims and Calipers
- New Rim and Disc Blur

I have found that the new suspension updates have added to the cars overall feel and to me it feels more alive, with big curbs now un settling the car and i find i can't take so many liberties with it as you accelerate out of corners.

Its well worth checking out again if the first version did not hit the sweet spot for you.

Jason.

apples and oranges...different power, different aero, different tires.....

The Dorsche is a few seconds a lap slower than the Darche. It is also considerably easier to control when driven sloppily.

You are right on target...but then a few details missing.

Here's the story on the GT3 Cup...very limited in what you can add for downforce in the front so it's factory for everyone. There's a very limited Aero down/dive plane effect, so the car will have some push in the turns at high speed, especially if you increase the Aero in the back. But taking into account this and Real Life physics, love this. Just as with the real life series, the GT3 Cup cars are more on par with a Street car modified for Race use. A turnkey race car but more close in line with the street production car, unlike the GT3-R and RSR programs where the cars are spec'd and produced with a certain set of "series" in mind. This is not a "Downforce" car like the GT3 and GTLM cars out there, even though it has a rear spoiler.

I did find with the new ratios I was able to put a faster lap around Nordschleife than the RSR (URD Darche). Maybe more to do with me needing to tweak my gears on the URD 991 RSR than anything, but currently I'm faster around the Ring in the Cup car than the RSR...which should hold true to Micheal's description.

I also feel it was the best $5 I spent actually. A very nice fit and finished mod. 10x thumbs up for this one, 9/10, score of 95/100, etc etc.

Would suggest . (Period)

HUGE (Pro) TIP: If you (talking to you, the Author of the original post of this thread) are one of those people that doesn't tweak settings and runs a mod raw, then makes an assumption on physics, don't do that with this mod (matter of fact any mod).
Stock it has a full 100L in the gas tank (unlike most and all stock cars in game where 30L is in the fuel tank). Dump the fuel by at least 3/4 and then spend more than 15 min in it and learn the flipping car than just a 5 min expecting to be a Plug-N-Play Natural born Senna. If you do this you have wildly over estimated Assetto Corsa and you have yet to really enjoy the game with that mentality -EOR.

Last edited:
I just don't get the whole idea of paying for "amateur" addons :cautious: I make mods for AC - I have made mods for games for the last 12-13 years, and would never, ever consider charging for them. The moment you charge, people who pay get an immediate right to demand perfection, and rightly so. When it is given away for free, simply because someone enjoys making addons and wishes to share them, it doesn't matter if they are not 100% prefect or realistic.

I just don't get the whole idea of paying for "amateur" addons :cautious: I make mods for AC - I have made mods for games for the last 12-13 years, and would never, ever consider charging for them.

I dont understand the point of making shitty mods rather, I would say personally. I have no idea what mods you made though so dont take offense. But taking money for time and effort spent is just basic common sense in a capitalistic society. If the mods are crap people with communicate and the product will not sell much. It it sell if's self regulating worth of doing so.

I get the basis of charging and not charging.

That's more of personal preference of dedicating and volunteering your time and effort. I volunteer some of my time, but I also weigh whether some of my effort is worth money as well. I do this in IT consulting outside of work. Sure I volunteer some time with some non-profit's that need a little computer work, but when they moved and needed help installing their network infrastructure, that to me was a basis for charging, especially when they were insisting on paying me for it.

It's human psychology also that if you are going to be given a reward (payment) for something that takes time and effort, you will make sure to do better job with extra fit and finish.

Personal finances also come into play as well, if you're a student who likes doing this and struggling paying some bills, it helps to have a little extra cash. If you're doing very well financially, getting paid minimal for a mod won't help much.

There's also something to be said about people also respecting and valuing something that they have to pay for versus free. Think of it in terms of free "swag" at a convention, industry party, or something along those lines. That free frisbee they give you might cost you $2 at the store. The $2 frisbee you're more than likely going to care about not loosing it more than the free one. All semantics aside you can see my point though, free versus cost.

value for money

well worth what they cost

Well worth

worth the very tiny asking price.

Well worth the low asking price

it was the best $5 I spent actually

The Dorsche mod (€5) is one car. Compare that to the AC Dream Pack (selling at €15) - that was 10 cars, variously skinned, plus the Nordschleife and its variants.

The Dorsche pricing would put the Dream Pack at €50 plus the Nurburg tracks' value. Not to mention the vast difference in quality.

That makes the Dorsche mod bad value for money.

The Dorsche mod (€5) is one car. Compare that to the AC Dream Pack (selling at €15) - that was 10 cars, variously skinned, plus the Nordschleife and its variants.

The Dorsche pricing would put the Dream Pack at €50 plus the Nurburg tracks' value. Not to mention the vast difference in quality.

That makes the Dorsche mod bad value for money.

That's your opinion, many of us feel differently. I've put 5-6 hours in with the cars and had a blast. Already gotten my money back and then some.

The Dream Pack also came with 7-8 cars I only have a passing interest in driving, really I was mostly paying for the track... not that everyone should like the same cars as me, but if you want that specific porsche, I think it's a reasonable price.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%