1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

My Convertible

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by aadilf1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Hey Guys, its been a long time since i made that Citroen ZX and now i think its time to make another car :D
    Im slowly getting the hang of Blender so i will slowly be making more and more complex cars. (i.e. with interior)
    This car will not have interior.

A convertible

[​IMG]

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

It seems quite short and tall, could use some more curves (and polies?).

Certainly doesn't look half bad, nice work :)

3. Yeah, thanks for the feedback, i did as you stated (too tall) so i made the windscreen shorter to make it alot better. :)

4. How do i make more lines in between the poly's if you see what i mean?

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Erm, what?

6. you mean make more polies? lol I think I know how, subdivide I believe it is. (Blender junkies, and users correct me if I'm wrong)
    your convertible looks like a good start. but no interior? that's kinda hard to do on a convertible :p

7. Now is the time for a tonnau cover, haven't seen one in years. LOL

8. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Yeah, go into edge mode (ctrl tab 2), select some edges, and you can subdivide them with W.

[​IMG]
    If you select the 2 yellow marked edges and subdivide, it'll turn the middle poly into 2 polies, with a split along the blue line. Hope that's what you mean.

9. Yeah lol i know how to do it now, multi-something and harey, im going to give the interior a go :D