1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My colors are washed out

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Since at least the last update, my colors onnscreen look very washed out. Not so much desaturated, but as if there was a translucent film over the whole thing. If I were in photoshop, I guess I would use either the "curves" or at l;east brightess and contrast to make the color pop a bit more.

Note, that I don;t like over saturated colors, but I also don;t like wy wheels being 2 tones of grey like in my screenshots.

Do I have something set wrong? If so, how do I fix iot?

Also, what's up with the shadows in replays? The game immediately looks 100 times worse when the shadows don't render in a replay or even during a race, as it happens every so often.

Here is a screenshot from my game. At this small size it actually looks much better than it does in game at 1920x1080:

rf2-GRAB_005.JPG

Here is another from a replay:

rf2-GRAB_008.JPG

And here is another image of the same mod I grabbed off google to compare with. Again, at full size it's a lot more dramatic.
    rf2-rFactor2_f2_2.png

Note that my rig was able to run rF2 beautifully at some point and I still can run most games at almost full settings. I have two nVidia GTX460.

I'd love to make rF2 a bit more attractive and less washed out.

2. It's a bug introduced with the new build. Turn on HDR and it should be gone.

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Thanks, it's much better.