• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

My cheap pCARS 3 screen build

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Robert Woodward, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Robert Woodward

Robert Woodward

Ratings:
    +88

The PC was built over time with old parts
    Main specs info:
    Intel core 2 quad Q9450
    Ram 8GB XMS3 1333
    And most importantly for having 3 screen gaming cheaply... Graphics card: AMD HD6850
    BUT
    Equivalent pc can be built new very cheaply with these parts
    AMD FX 4100 3.6GHZ
    Same ram
    HD 6850
    could possibly be made for aproximately £350 1screen - 450 3screen - £550 if all 3 screens brand new maybe. (cpu,ram,gfx,hdd,case and 1 screen brand new) and another £100 for 2 screens if you go 2nd hand like i did otherwise £120 each for equivalent to my middle screen.

This cheap rig will run pCARS in latest junior build (226) on all maximum settings on 1 screen with 1920x1080 resolution or with 3 screens 4320x900 resolution all settings on high and low antialiasing (tbh the graphics are so good in pcars antialasing doesnt make a massive difference)
    the fps i get both in 1 or 3 screens with this setup is 18-25 but feeling fully smooth and no jitteryness

The great thing with pCARS is even with antialiasing turned off the graphics look very smooth :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Shepherd

Chris Shepherd

Ratings:
    +48
    Love the close up with the Cam at the end. The game look tops graphically speaking. Nice setup you built mate. WD. :)

3. Robert Woodward

Robert Woodward

Ratings:
    +88
    If only i would have remembered to think of changing the preset of the camera so the screens could be more visible lol, i guess its good enough since its a phone camera though :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Very nice! :)

I would try to increase fps a little bit though, with 18-25 your driving is being affected.

I can tell because I went from around 45 to fix 120 in different Sims and there was a huge difference in terms of consistency, slide control, input lag and accuracy, that motivates better results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Woodward

Robert Woodward

Ratings:
    +88
    Well when it comes to online racing whenever its added i think i will end up dropping the graphics a lil bit just to be sure that i don't get a lag spike in the middle of an overtake or something but still, I haven't had such a lag spike even with AI's yet and AI put more load on the system than online opponents do ^^

6. Jack Sargent

Jack Sargent

Ratings:
    +64
    Nice ghetto rig!!!

You've got to be aiming for 60fps with a full grid of cars in all the sims otherwise your driving experience will suffer a great deal.

In GAME STOCK CAR I get around 100-200fps, sometimes dropping below 100 in heavy situations, but the difference in car control vs scraping 50-70fps is MASSIVE!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +476
    I was expecting 3 CRT's...........:sleep:

8. Robert Woodward

Robert Woodward

Ratings:
    +88
    Well come to think of it whenever i played other sims on my old pc and if their fps is at 30 or lower i can barely control the car... I am really confused as to why pCars feels smooth with 22-27 (fps improved since latest build) when having 19 other opponents lol