PC1 My cheap pCARS 3 screen build

The PC was built over time with old parts
Main specs info:
Intel core 2 quad Q9450
Ram 8GB XMS3 1333
And most importantly for having 3 screen gaming cheaply... Graphics card: AMD HD6850
BUT
Equivalent pc can be built new very cheaply with these parts
AMD FX 4100 3.6GHZ
Same ram
HD 6850
could possibly be made for aproximately £350 1screen - 450 3screen - £550 if all 3 screens brand new maybe. (cpu,ram,gfx,hdd,case and 1 screen brand new) and another £100 for 2 screens if you go 2nd hand like i did otherwise £120 each for equivalent to my middle screen.

This cheap rig will run pCARS in latest junior build (226) on all maximum settings on 1 screen with 1920x1080 resolution or with 3 screens 4320x900 resolution all settings on high and low antialiasing (tbh the graphics are so good in pcars antialasing doesnt make a massive difference)
the fps i get both in 1 or 3 screens with this setup is 18-25 but feeling fully smooth and no jitteryness

The great thing with pCARS is even with antialiasing turned off the graphics look very smooth :D

Very nice! :)

I would try to increase fps a little bit though, with 18-25 your driving is being affected.

I can tell because I went from around 45 to fix 120 in different Sims and there was a huge difference in terms of consistency, slide control, input lag and accuracy, that motivates better results.

Well when it comes to online racing whenever its added i think i will end up dropping the graphics a lil bit just to be sure that i don't get a lag spike in the middle of an overtake or something but still, I haven't had such a lag spike even with AI's yet and AI put more load on the system than online opponents do ^^

Nice ghetto rig!!!

You've got to be aiming for 60fps with a full grid of cars in all the sims otherwise your driving experience will suffer a great deal.

In GAME STOCK CAR I get around 100-200fps, sometimes dropping below 100 in heavy situations, but the difference in car control vs scraping 50-70fps is MASSIVE!!

Well come to think of it whenever i played other sims on my old pc and if their fps is at 30 or lower i can barely control the car... I am really confused as to why pCars feels smooth with 22-27 (fps improved since latest build) when having 19 other opponents lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back